a la Golf GTi.....

starbank

my brothers were trying to talk me into doing this the other day, it does look quite good, although personally id rather keep the car looking factory.

deffinatly suits the black though!

Looks very good IMO I'd do it anyway if I had a black GTi. Not sure it would be as effective on red or silver though.

it deffinatly looks good.

is the stuff that is used on the golf part of the whole grille? cos if its not i reckon u might be able to heat it up a touch and bend it to the right shape, it certainly looks thin enough.

I was thinking of doing this to my Arosa, but as mine aint a Dub didnt think it was inkeeping. looks sweet tho. Id do it if i had a Lupo GTI as, after all it is a GTI.

.....and there was me me thinking im gonna do this and no one else will have done it, ah well i might do it if i ever get round to it laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Mmmm, I like it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Take some piccies when you're done and post instructions so we can all copy, sorry, pay tribute biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(Diamondblack)
.....and there was me me thinking im gonna do this and no one else will have done it, ah well i might do it if i ever get round to it  :lol:

ditto! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> 8)

im not just jumping on the bandwagon here, but i thought about that in my head, but i didnt have a clue what to use. now ive seen it on your black loop i think it looks excellent! go for it!

what could you use to make it?

Interesting repsonse!

A lot of you are talking about piping or trim type material that you can push/clip on to the grille. Have had a look at the grille and to be honest I think this would be pretty difficult to do bespoke.

Cheapest and easiest way of doing it would be to just paint the narrow edge section of the grille with some top notch professional paint. I don't think it would be as obvious as the photo though.