Formula 1 2012

bobbo

Right, well as teams are slowly starting to reveal their 2012 cars, i thought it best we have a topic as i cant be the only one into F1.

Caterham have been the first to reveal their car (accindetally), which with the new 2012 FIA regs on nose-cone height, looks, well....wrong!

caterham_ct01_f1racing-470x290.jpg

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/01/25/caterham-ct01-images-revealed-early/

And then today McLaren have revealed their car which actually looks pretty good considering the new regs.

mclaren_mp4_27_2012_2-470x276.jpg

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/02/01/mclaren-mp4-27-2012-f1-car-pictures/mclaren_mp4_27_2012_2/

Ferrari are next, and they've warned of a fugly front end similar to the Caterham, as have Williams!!

Just by eye the McLaren looks like its going to have better Aero then the Caterham. Be interesting to see Williams and Ferrari's take and see if there engineers think the car should look like its crashed into a wall and someone has stuck it back together with superglue.

that force india is a photoshopped picture...same with the Ferrari. I'd wait for actual pictures!

What makes you say this? Both cars were oficially revealed today. Althougn they dont have the new wings and hide things such as diffusers etc!

Why have they all got stepped noses but the mclaren doesn't? Would've thought not having the stepped nose would be better?

What makes you say this? Both cars were oficially revealed today. Althougn they dont have the new wings and hide things such as diffusers etc!

You can tell they've been touched up or changed thats all! Was just a bit sceptical!

Why have they all got stepped noses but the mclaren doesn't? Would've thought not having the stepped nose would be better?

thats what i thought, i cant understand why the stepped nose would be better over the smoother design, so if mclaren can do it why cant they all?

They have the stepped noses due to the FIA changing the rules on nose cone height half way through last season. Pretty much all teams had their chassis designed by then which is why you get the stepped nose. McLaren already a very low chassis which is why they were able to get away with not having a step. Cars will be back to normal for 2013, just a 2012 thing.

Oh and truCido, the reason they look a bit touched up is probably because they are. Teams chop stuff out to hide things they dont want to reveal before the first race.