cheapest way to make a 1.0l sound a bit better!

jakefresh

Take standard back box, cut the end off, rip/cut out the insides and weld the end back on.

I've done this with my 1.4, only removed some of the insides and it sounds like this:

This, or, cut yours off and clamp a straight pipe on the end. It's low, it rasps and it roars and it pops :) coupled with induction, sounds amazing :)

The 1.4 sounds pretty awesome without a back box, dunno how the 1.0 would sound.

amazing at first, but then you realise it just sounds like a wet fart.

I bought my 1L with no backbox, was so low it caught and pulled off :I so drove it around for 2 weeks without a backbox........ Lawlz.

It sounds sweet, as I've always said, it doesn't sound chavvy, it sounds like it did before only now with low frequencies, and louder. Plus foot down (lol all the time in a 1.0) it roars when coupled with induction! It sounds a hell of alot better than getting some crap ass yob box wih a 3" tip cut into your bumper....

It sounds sweet, as I've always said, it doesn't sound chavvy, it sounds like it did before only now with low frequencies, and louder. Plus foot down (lol all the time in a 1.0) it roars when coupled with induction! It sounds a hell of alot better than getting some crap ass yob box wih a 3" tip cut into your bumper....

Thanks lol.

Well its in a different place on every air box, but you drill the side that is before the filter, so the air going into the holes is still filtered :) its a pretty good mod if you really go to town with holes :)

It's like saying why did you want to put a 1.8t in and make it better than it is, it's only Lupo. Making a car sound better in our own opinions is improving something thr can be improved upon!