Seized/Broken Lock

Hi people, yesterday i went to unlock my car door, turned 90 degrees and unlocked, then got stuck! i couldnt turn it at all and was pretty scared i was gonna snap the key it the lock! i ended up using brute force to turn the lock back and get the key out. i tried it again today and once the key is in, it wont turn in either direction unless you really twist it hard which i dont want to do!

Could i fix this? i was thinking graphite spray, would that work do we think?

If not, do people know if VW can repair locks and if so how much is it likely to be?

Thanks, Daniel.

i went to seat when this happened to me and it was 76 quid or something like that the person said to me so bugger that i took the lock out a bought a repair kit from eBay and re greased and now its all good :) the kit was a 10er and did it myself :)

Edited by bowers155

yeh i read about that earlier on aswell, didnt seem too much of a challenge :) lupoboz said he can get a new lock that matches my key for 50 if i give him the reg and chassis number so i have a fair few options :) gonna get a second key made up first of all incase the one i have gets jammed in! then try some graphite spray see if i can free it up :)