Removing Rear Wiper?

cj1

Thinking of removing the rear wiper, however, what do you use to cover the hole with?

And as stupid as this question may sound, if you remove it, then press the washer for the rear, would water just be squirting out of the line and into the car somewhere? :unsure:

Thinking of removing the rear wiper, however, what do you use to cover the hole with?

And as stupid as this question may sound, if you remove it, then press the washer for the rear, would water just be squirting out of the line and into the car somewhere? :unsure:

25 mm blanking grommet from halfords. OR there's some in B and Q too that are like much thicker and better IMO and there's more in the pack. um and yeah, it will just leak water otherwise. what i did was put a dab of bathroom sealant in the hole and stuck it on the bolt that holds the wiper. this also meant when i re installed the wiper i just pulled it off and the Line was nice and clean with nothing blocking it

25 mm blanking grommet from halfords. OR there's some in B and Q too that are like much thicker and better IMO and there's more in the pack. um and yeah, it will just leak water otherwise. what i did was put a dab of bathroom sealant in the hole and stuck it on the bolt that holds the wiper. this also meant when i re installed the wiper i just pulled it off and the Line was nice and clean with nothing blocking it

the bloke that i brought the car off just used a massive gromet about 3cm wide but im sure i seen a glass blanking plug one time on ebay

and i dunno about the water bottle for the wiper

Okay thanks, going to get it done after christmas. Just didn't really fancy the idea of pressing it by accident and the car getting water in it somewhere!

Will have a look at halfords & b&q for the blanking :)

Used a piece of black vinyl cut into a circle bigger than the hole. It matches the glass perfectly and keeps a smoother look. I've had the same on my Nissan for 2 years with no problems at all.

As for the rear wash I bent a kink in the tube and cable tied it back on itself nice and tight. The kink acts as a seal. Simples.

i just popped the pipe off the washer bottle that feeds the rear wiper and replaced it with another pipe that i routed down to my chasis leg, just incase i pressed it it had a place to go other than in my boot. I used an inch grommet, We've got some in work that i used, think a pack is less than £1 to me.

Edited by Adam R4