Legal pressed plates?

jarynn

Yeah they are legal. But the company has to be dvl a registered or something. Dubmeister are fine and there is a company on eBay I've just bought some off. 26 quid a set

Most pressed plates dont have all the right stuff on them, use the german font or have inccorect sizing/spacing.

The legal pressed plates are exactly like normal plastic plates, just made out of metal.

You could possibly get pulled over by an over eager copper but, there is no law that states the matieral a number plate has to be made out of.

The ebay ones are good, you don't have to send any details but they are bs and dealer stamped and are coated in the proper reflective coating not just painted yellow!

Most pressed plates dont have all the right stuff on them, use the german font or have inccorect sizing/spacing.

The legal pressed plates are exactly like normal plastic plates, just made out of metal.

You could possibly get pulled over by an over eager copper but, there is no law that states the matieral a number plate has to be made out of.

Thanks man, definitely going to order them now :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressed-Metal-GB-number-plates-100-ROAD-LEGAL-/120765592471?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c1e30b397. Link to eBay. As stated charles wright font n all the correct markings. And on the plus. Don't have to prove ownership of registration. Good for me because my private registration document aint come through yet lol

Someone posted about these Paulroad123 ones on another Dub forum. Just because they have BSAU on them doesn't mean they comply. I think that the postcode and BSAU bit are in white text on the black border rather than in black on the yellow. The standard specifies the exact positioning of these bits of data and they are wrong.

I believe the Dubmeister ones are the only truly compliant ones if you get a picky cop.

Not just a picky cop, my brother who works for an insurance company told me not so long ago of a refusal to pay out on a claim because the plates on the car were similar to that ebay style ! It made the MOT void under C&U regs, which voided his insurance all because the supplying dealer and postcode wasnt the correct format. Buyer beware

I've recently got a set for my Lo'.. I live 2 minutes up the road from Lancs police HQ and pass it daily, Along with a multitude of marked and un-marked cars... Not one has pulled me or any off my mates for using them, And we all got them from the same eBay seller as above, They don't look that much different to the plastic plates in all honesty.