Subwoofer advice !?

yea im looking at second hand definitely.. my mates selling me an amp for a tenner :P and got all the wiring for a fiver off another mate... Deals :)

i was looking at getting one with about 800w - 1000w RMS. so packs quite a punch bass wise.

im just browsing ebay all the time till i find one, unless one of my mates decides to sell one.

382333_10150383085148549_676088548_8658793_1741407043_n.jpg

Looks nice, i was thinking of the custom build/false floor option when i came round to buying one... had a look on internet, and the read up for the JBL's is pretty good tbh.

Plus how much did it cost in materials etc. to make the custom box?? (if you dont mind me asking :P)

Edited by JampotJamie

Next to nothing mate. The wood was I think £12 from b&q ( but i have enough spare to do it again) I think its 14mm. The acoustic carpet was £6 from eBay, and then some time and effort.

I do sometimes ask myself why i did it,because no one ever sees it, haha. But i still like it.

I do sometimes ask myself why i did it,because no one ever sees it, haha. But i still like it.

Not many people see it, but its the small details that bring the whole car together. If you like it then thats all that counts. It's your car :P lol

Well I'm gunna look into doin that then :)

Edited by JampotJamie

I've always been a Sony fan, I've got an Xplod 1300w sub in a sealed box with an xplod 480W amp, which packs a lovely punch don't get too hung up on max power values, it's the RMS values your looking at and make sure the sub and amp are matched with the same impedance.

I've always been a Sony fan, I've got an Xplod 1300w sub in a sealed box with an xplod 480W amp, which packs a lovely punch don't get too hung up on max power values, it's the RMS values your looking at and make sure the sub and amp are matched with the same impedance.

yea ive been looking at the Xplod range. dont look too bad tbh :)

dont worry, my mate that knows all about this stuff is going to be helping my choose the right one and fit it :P lol