Lowering?

James827

okay, i know this probably gets asked alot, but anyway i really want to get it right first time round.

im looking at coilovers, the brands im looking at are AP & Weitec

Basically i want to know what the fixed dampening thing is about? its just confused me.

what advantage would adjustable dampening have over fixed rate?

Also im looking at springs and shocks.

obviously the brands like K&W are going to be the best, But i noticed AP kits were considerably cheaper? obviously this company makes good coilovers but are the spring and shock sets not as good? or are there problems?

I've got Weitec Hicon GT's. They are obviously harder than standard, but they aren't too stiff at all. You only really notice any stiffness when you hit a pothole. Apart from that the ride is pretty good! Very pleased with mine.

I've got Weitec Hicon GT's. They are obviously harder than standard, but they aren't too stiff at all. You only really notice any stiffness when you hit a pothole. Apart from that the ride is pretty good! Very pleased with mine.

yes they were one set i was looking at. but at £470 its a bit expensive.

especially when the AP equivalent is £415

I'd buy the best you can afford. I believe Weitec are made by KW, and the fact that I've heard some people say AP's were a little soft for their liking made me go for Weitec. Either way I think you'll be pleased!

Hi James,

I am currently fitting my weitec coilovers along with a full set of polybushes and new top mounts.

I also have the adjustable white line/awsome rear anti roll bar.

Hopefully have it all on by Thursday then have the alignment set and good blast.

It all depends what you want you want to use the car for, but I would advise having the alignment done if you do change and also check your bushes as you may as well change them at the same time.

Standard bushes are not that expensive, worth doing.

Are you doing the work yourself?

I have three way adjustable coilovers on my locost track car, unless you know what your doing there are to many variables in my opinion for general road use, unless your pushing on all the time there is no real benifit over fixed rate dampers.

Anyhow, bit of a long winded post, of your interested ill let you know how I get on and as far as pricing, speak to al at awsome gti, bought all my bits from there and he was conpetive on price and patient with all my daft questions.

Hope this helps

Angelo

Posted from my I phone

Edited by angelo77

well ive been given a budget to get some coilovers as a christmas present. so i know what i want, il be sending you a message damian :)

and yess i will be fitting myself, il probably do it in college, i would have a bunch of people helping me fit them along with every tool imaginable and there is lots of equipment there for tracking so i will also be doing that.