Lupo GTi - D8OPE

Benjeee19

Got a few photos of the seats that I'm selling from my car :)

08b0ab84.jpg

410f6bc2.jpg

Gave the lupo a good clean today now the freeeezing weather has gone :mrgreen:

55c5809e.jpg

5f38eb54.jpg

d6d80f18.jpg

Managed to remove the orange lens from my cambridge lights and added silver bulbs so no more tango :thumbsup:

038ffc45.jpg

bb67e602.jpg

Then finally ...

Dad trying to set my seats on fire :)

6392ef42.jpg

89c9d820.jpg

e82908e8.jpg

dba6aa30.jpg

:wub:

Ben

Edited by Benjeee19

Nicely :thumbsup: What you doin with the rears?

Having it all re trimmed matey including door cards and parcel shelf :)

Ben

looks mint ben....!

Thanks matey :D was good to have a drive out with you at the weekend and meet some new faces :)

Ben

Top work :thumbsup:

Thanks very much dude :D

Ben

Looks super clean :clap: I can't wait to get my bathursts done silver! I think it makes it looks so much cleaner having silver wheels. :thumbsup:

I agree mate love the clean öem look :) when you thinking of having them done?

Ben

Having it all re trimmed matey including door cards and parcel shelf :)

Nice :D Fancy a swap with standard rears, or sell me the covers? Would go with my Mk4 fronts better than standards & would be a shame to see them go to waste!

Bad news with the lupo the timing belt let go and shagged the engine :( anybody know what sort of price this type of rebuild will be?

Thanks

Ben

Oh crap :( bad times mate, no clue on the price of a rebuild, seen repacement engines go for arouns £350 that may be a cheaper option to rip out the old one? I have no idea on that side of things though. You get to clean the engine and paint the block, gearbox etc... silver lining and all that mate :innocent:

I agree mate love the clean öem look :) when you thinking of having them done?

Ben

Yeh, thats the best look! Thinking of getting them done towards the end of March. Are yours the standard silver do you know? Sucks to hear about your engine! Hope it's not too expensive to get it fixed/replaced.

Thanks for the kind words guys :) went to Volkswagen yesterday to pick up a cambelt kit and everything to service it while the engine is being rebuilt, have a question for anyone that knows I bought the spark plugs from VW thinking they would be NGK because they originally came in the GTi however they're just marked up as VW on the packaging so not sure if they are NGK now?

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Where can i get one of those foam machines does it plug on to a get wash??

I got mine from eBay mate you just have to make sure it has the right connection type for your jet wash

Ben

Good news! Car is looking excellent as usual :thumbup: How did you get the exhaust to sit a bit higher?

Cheers matey :D Drilled through the exhaust bracket into the boot then raised the exhaust using a bolt with large washers worked well :)

You planning on raising yours?

Ben

I want to, but I don't think I can. Am I right in thinking that on the standard exhaust there is a piece of metal that goes over the top of the two pipes, and you've drilled through that? On my exhaust I don't have that piece of metal, so I suppose I'd have to have a little plate welded onto it, and then drill through that? Does look good for it though! :)

How much was it mate?

£38 posted I think mate well worth it :)

Ben

Excellent news dude :) so glad this is back in one piece!

Cheers dude me too :D managed to bend 8 valves but no damage to pistons so its all good :)

Looking forward to seeing yours at UD how's the cleaning going?

Ben

I want to, but I don't think I can. Am I right in thinking that on the standard exhaust there is a piece of metal that goes over the top of the two pipes, and you've drilled through that? On my exhaust I don't have that piece of metal, so I suppose I'd have to have a little plate welded onto it, and then drill through that? Does look good for it though! :)

Yes mate through the bracket dead easy to do :) maybe you could alter the clamps rather than welding a bracket on?

Ben

• Like 1

Im pretty much done with the cleaning now Ben, just a case of waiting for some parts to come back from being plated. Then got to put it back together, nearly there though just the front bumper and side lights left to do. Then the interior and dash, and start on the detailing the paintwork.

Alex

Edited by fatttty

Yes mate through the bracket dead easy to do :) maybe you could alter the clamps rather than welding a bracket on?

Ben

I'm not entirely sure how I can alter them so it fits more in the middle, I've had a look but just can't see what I could do. It's not that bad tbh, I'm just really picky! Haha

What snow foam are you using?

Edited by nic78

Im pretty much done with the cleaning now Ben, just a case of waiting for some parts to come back from being plated. Then got to put it back together, nearly there though just the front bumper and side lights left to do. Then the interior and dash, and start on the detailing the paintwork.

Alex

Good job you gave yourself plenty of time for UD :)

What parts have you had plated all the bolts in the bay? I'm hoping mine will be UD standard next year :D

Ben

I'm not entirely sure how I can alter them so it fits more in the middle, I've had a look but just can't see what I could do. It's not that bad tbh, I'm just really picky! Haha

What snow foam are you using?

Haha I'm the same mate :P using a PH neutral one by valet pro at the moment mate how about you?

Ben

Haha I'm the same mate :P using a PH neutral one by valet pro at the moment mate how about you?

Ben

I'm using Chemical Guys Maxi Suds, but it doesn't seem to foam as much as the Valet Pro that you're using. Will have to get some of that when I've used all mine!