Black Mk1 Arosa

jake17

Hey guys and welcome to my build thread of my recent purchase after selling up my old Civic due to insurance, a 1.0 Arosa :)

So here is the car the day i bought her after getting her home and after a nice wash...

Arosa5.jpg

Arosa4.jpg

Arosa6.jpg

The first thing done was a spot of de-badging (window gromit was put in after picture was taken)

Arosa3.jpg

Arosa2.jpg

Over the past week me and my brother have been working on cheap DIY boot install, pics of progress so far...

False Floor

Photo0350.jpg

Raise Blocks

Photo0349.jpg

And speaker holes marked out ready for cutting

Photo0351.jpg

Only other mod so far is my debadged grille which arrived this morning

100_3122.jpg

Cheeky fitting pic

100_3123.jpg

And the outcome

100_3125.jpg

100_3124.jpg

100_3126.jpg

So thats it so far. Next immediate things to do are:

Coilovers (asap!)

Fit my old VW BBS's from the old civic and get rid of those horrid Ripspeed wheels!

Wind deflectors

Rear tints

Pressed plates

Remove side bumpstrips

Cheers, jake.

Edited by jake17

looks good so far, agreed on the wheels. Look forward to seeing the progress :)

Thanks dude, the wheels are actually killing me just to look at them! the BBS's will be going on tomorrow even though they need a refurb, anything to get rid of these 15's! :wave:

Nice too see another black mk1 :P

Haha thanks mate defo using your build for some inspriration :tongueout: give me a shout if you here anymore about your mates centre caps!

Mk1's are the way forward! :thumbup:

Looks like you've got a good project ahead of you

James

They are indeed buddy :thumbsup:

Mk1 Arosa's ftw!

:thumbup:

Looks good! As has been said nice to see more Mk1's turning up.

Thanks dude, yeah theres a few popping up on here now :yes:

Very clean, ill be keeping my eye on this thread! :thumbsup:

Cheers mate, pictures do make it look quite a bit cleaner than it really is, stupid stone chips :angry2:

Had an absolute nightmare yesterday trying to fit my old skool VW BBS's guys :angry2: front went on no problem but when i tried to fit the rears it was a no go

The black circle bit on the drum below (sorry dont know specific part names) was too big for the hole in the centre of the wheels?

Photo0353.jpg

Photo0354.jpg

Being genuine VW wheels im genuinely suprised they didnt fit, can anyone elaborate why this is for me please?

Went to fit the BBS's again yesterday when i hit another disaster! managed to misplace my locking nut key from the other day and cant find it anywhere :rant: really not having any luck with these wheels :( has anyone seen this type of locking nut before and know where i can get a spare key?

100_3132.jpg

On a brighter note my pressed plates arrived this morning, just waiting on velcro strips to arrive to fit them

100_3130-1.jpg

if you wanna get the nuts off without damaging them and possibly your wheels, i'd say have a look on ebay and buy another set with the same key.. there not that unique :ninja: and i cant imagine them costing more than £6 - £7?

if you wanna get the nuts off without damaging them and possibly your wheels, i'd say have a look on ebay and buy another set with the same key.. there not that unique :ninja: and i cant imagine them costing more than £6 - £7?

After a bit of research i found out that they are Mcgard 28028 nuts which retail at £25 at the best price i can find, which i really dont wanna pay!

Was gonna say that they're mcgaurd ones, they do a pretty good job of making their keys/locks slightly diff from each other, so a second key wont work.

As you've got a pic of the bolt, I'm assuming that the bolt isnt on the car?

Do you have enough bolts to put the wheels on? Use that as a temp measure until you find the key?

i wouldn't leave the spigot ring off, its theyre for a reason, i'd just put a spacer on to it clears it (will help fill the arch as well)

why don't you just get a new set of locking wheel nuts? lupoboz sells them for about £15, if theyre stuck on the car though, your gunna have to weld a nut onto it so you can loosen it off. any decent garage will do it for you.