Polo GTi Manifold > Lupo GTi Manifold

Neiler

Just a quick question folks, is the Polo GTi exhaust manifold identical to the lupo one?

Obviously its the same block, but chassis and firewall constraints/shapes may have made modification to it necessary??

Of course the reason being there are some aftermarket manifolds for the polo but not the lupo evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" /> .

Also on a similar note, does anyone know what Shrick's URL is?

hmmmm, well thinking about it it shouldnt be a problem as the exhaust is in the front of the engine and by the time it has gone `4-2`-1 or whatever system you going for .. if it is catching anywhere it would be piss easy to modify it , i think

why didnt Ross think of that before we started making him a new manifold ? its a pain in the ass wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

anyone know someone who has a polo Gti ?

i have a lupo gti manifold on my 1400 16v polo if thats any help....

but prob no help at all

lol

er GTI manifold fits the sport? anyone confirm that?

nope its different , the sport manifold has the cat in the manifold, whereas the gti manifold doesnt

but the Gti manifold will fit onto the sport head, but i dont know if the rest of the sport exhaust will bolt straight onto the Gti manifold

Supersprint does the aftermarket jobbies for the Polo Gti and now it seems they should be for the Lupo too! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Where did you see this advertised? I had a quick look on the internet but couldn't find anything.

Supersprint does the aftermarket jobbies for the Polo Gti and now it seems they should be for the Lupo too! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Where did you see this advertised? I had a quick look on the internet but couldn't find anything.

Never mind, I found it.http://www.supersprint.com/a_prodotti.asp?...modello=vwpol11

Shame its a `4-1` and not a `4-2`-1, still would give a power gain over the standard pee shooter pipes.

It costs £336.38 +£17.63 p&p from this lot http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/`fram...hausts`.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Would it actually clear the oil cooler's sandwich plate on the engine?

Does the Polo GTi have an oil cooler? Is it the same?

Oilcooler.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

887501.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Doesn't the manifold need some flexi pipe?

if any 1 want to know if the gti manifold will fit the sport it will, i had a look today and i cant believe the mess the sport manifold is, there hardly any room for the bends on pipes as they do down to the `pre-cat`, so putting a gti manifold on should alow it to breath a little better