BMW E46 - Previous Arosa, Bora & Fabia

MrSloanes

You could always continue the 'mashup' tradition of the Lurosa & change the front end...Borolf maybe? :lol:

0b90f874.jpg

605f5750.jpg

Also had some problems with my boot today, when I was driving it popped open and wouldnt lock shut so I took the cover off and this is what I found:

4f3449a9.jpg

Yes that red thing is a elastic band.... No wonder it ****ed. Took it off and checked online and it's supposed to have a plastic thing keeping the two mechanisms together. Didn't have anything so used my imagination. Used 2 strips of sticky plaster and covered it in glue. Working fine and will do until I manage to find the parts.

Also got sick of the cracked lower centre console so took it out until I get a new one. All the gear **** is exposed, feels proper poverty but still better than the cracked bits.

Well got a delivery today :D but first I found myself awake at silly oclock after feeding the little one so decided to take off some walnut trim and paint it with the leftover paint I had from my wheels:

8e148fda.jpg

Then the bigger news:

73ec2d25.jpg

These arrived!

Got a christening in York tomorrow so they will have to wait until next week.

Also got a few stickers and some aero wipers :)

decided to take off some walnut trim and paint it with the leftover paint I had from my wheels:

You know what, when I read that I thought GOOD LAD! ORANGE CENTRE CONSOLE!!! ;)

Edited by Joti

Lmao you would think I painted everything orange! I only done the wheels lol! I was going to do them black but the black paint Mr Jak Featonby gave me was like spraying black syrup and went horrible so had to sand back and re do in silver.

Yay bout time it got a good thrashing with the lowering stick :thumbsup:

I only had the car like 2 weeks lol!

Respray, new wheels, refurb new wheels, sort broken dash out, and other bits were priority this time, wanted it to be nice before the coilovers went on so I see the full lowering stick effect once they on. :) can't wait to get them on, hope I don't have to roll arches or use spacers yet because I can't afford them at the minute. My little one eating my car savings day by day but she my priority now tbf.

Right a little mini update of tidying a few bits up today...

So, my front and rear lights were all clouded, scratched and marked. Front was a lot worse than back, so without any knowledge went to halfords, bought some 2000 grit sandpaper and some rubbing compound. I sanded first using the 2000 but had to drop down to 800 grit because the marks wouldnt come out. Then i used my 12" machine polisher with a lot of care to polish in the rubbing compound. Quite happy how they turned out!

Before:

e5be476b.jpg

The difference between the finished and the one I hadn't started:

fb8e0dc2.jpg

Rears before:

b80e8e48.jpg

Rear after:

6550d7fe.jpg

Also when having a look at my interior I noticed a small circle shaped air vent... Then noticed my small circle shaped centre caps from my old wheels, then this happened:

60860727.jpg

:D

Also since I was on a tidying mission I cleaned my man cupboard, it's the only place the missus let's me have to myself... Apart from the Hoover, that HAS to go there apparently... Lol

6d950fad.jpg

COILOVERS TOMORROW! Woop

Edited by MrSloanes

Thanks lads. Wasn't as quick as I thought because once I dropped to 800 grit I had to work back through the grits because it wouldn't remove the scratches but got there eventually. Think I'll re do them in the future and spend a lot more time on them. Got loads of bits I want to tidy up before VWFest.

Quality work mate! That made such a difference with the lights. Looking forward to see what these coilovers do to it ;)