hid kits (hope this is the right section)

shaunbmx

Hi mate I used to have a hid conversion on my 1.0L. Look for H4 bulbs and 6000k lights as this is a really nice colour unless you want a blue light which would be 8000k. Regards to my MOT, I just replaced the ulbs with standard ones and left the ballast boxes in and they said nothing. I never got pulled by police neither.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-LUPO-99-H4-ULTRA-VDX-HID-XENON-6000K-KIT-/300531591289?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f9142879#ht_2727wt_1199.

That's the same as what I had. I found them easy to install also.

Hope this helps you out.

Joee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

you would be unluckey if it failed an mot i work at a garage that do mots and all the testers have no idea about the laws of xenon lights thay just check the aim and beam pattern and get on with it, and so what if there not legal!! i had them on my punto for 18 months best 60 quid i ever spent so good, never got flashed or pulled over and i drove past plenty of police cars, you can buy some 'brighter bulbs' but they are all junk compared to a good quality hid kit from hidsdirect, admitidly they wont be as good in non projector lamps but still a massive improvement over the standard lights which are pretty shocking