ELZ's Matt Black Mk1 Arosa.. Now Green 6n Polo

ElZ 16v

Also quick little update , may or may not be happening , I'm going to my mates work so he can way up doing me a chassis notch as I'm eating the driveshaft (will get a pic) and also may be rolling the rear arches and spacing the rears out, dunno how this will end up as the rear arches have had the lip cut out with an angle grinder ( have got a pic of it somewhere )

I did get also get a number off a guy from tatton park vw show, he does custom bra's and he said he could easily make one for a mk1 arosa for 35 quid for a plain coloured bra or a dearer price for one with a pattern or checkers

Oh right, if you can drop me his number throug pm that would be appreciated :D

Cheers

tbh honest you couldve gotten away with just folding thae rach lip back on itself and not actaully flaring it out, , this wouldve avoided all the paint issues on the front, as the paint that woulda cracked woulda been onthe inside of the lip, which you coulda just hammerite'd over

The new tyres I have on have stretched nowhere near as good as the potenzas so they had to be flared unless I wanted to sell 4 wheels with brand new tyres on which I would of made a loss on.. And the arches are going to be sorted this week but I may jus buy 2 arosa wings and cut the lip off and smooth the edge but don't know yet. Also the paint already flaked off coz the tyres bent them outwards so it already looked awful..I know the arches need work itl all be sorted soon:p

small updatee..

about 11am this morning i was awakened by this thing flying at me even though both my window an door were shut when i got up to check :S

IMG00585-20110904-1233.jpg

badge now black as the white badge didnt work without white wheels..

IMG00587-20110904-1325.jpg

looking sort of clean:) also sprayed the side repeaters black and the middle break light on the top black and took the whole aerial off.

IMG00588-20110904-1850.jpg

from the side not the best as parked half under a tree :(

IMG00589-20110904-1851.jpg

another photo from the front probably the best photo i have taken of it so far (bad at using camera's especially blackberry ones)

IMG00590-20110904-1918.jpg

ideas and other comments welcome as i am stuck for ideas..was thinking of a rusty bonnet and a wooden roofrack or going for the clean look but getting the roof wrapped in the same purple as the wheels and the badge the same colour..

Edited by ElZ 16v

actually i didnt realise how out of focus the last image was i retract my comment of it being the best its probably the worste haha! looked better on my phone the big white patch of light looks like my wing has a massive dent in.. it doesnt by the way:)

ooh also has new wipers (donated by a friend) as mine where nackered

Edited by ElZ 16v

little update just a fiew photos and free mods..

stickerrrr

IMG00606-20110906-1708.jpg

just before it raind.

IMG00605-20110906-1708.jpg

:)

IMG00603-20110906-1705.jpg

black 3rd brake light..aerial taken off (may be having roof wrapped but if not will find a gromit or something instead of tape)

IMG00602-20110906-1705.jpg

the back looks dead high in this photo but it is a bit lower on flat:P

IMG00601-20110906-1705.jpg

also black side repeaters.

IMG00599-20110906-1658.jpg

anyone seen an arosa mk1 with banded steel wheels or have pics of one?

also anyone seen a mk1 arosa with a rusted bonnet?

pondering ideassss

These photo's make it look very clean but on both rear quarters and the roof there is a lot of scratches and a big X shaped sratch these are the only things and a scratch in the plastic of the bumper and the rolled arches with cracked paint but looking to get all these things sorted to finish the car off then do the interior :)

• 3 weeks later...

nevermind my last post i found a way:D

had my car mot'd on 15 september, even though id highered it, it was still too low to test so this had to happen :(

HIGH.jpg

as you can all see its sky high..

upon the mot they found this damage,

subframe.jpg

as you can see the subframe is sort of folded in on itself so they failed it for that and the exhaust had been badly fitted when the previous owner had it done so that was blowing and needed to be sorted.

went to a car transplants place and picked up a seat arosa subramfe of a 1.4 auto and fitted it straight away and bought an exhaust bandage from halfords and sorted the leaking of exhaust gases and passed mot:)

up on axel stands and subframe coming out

arosa.jpg

ROSA.jpg

soon back and fixed

taxed the car for 6months this week and then went off to porthmadog for a night and day for my mates 20th

strange but fun experience sleeping an the arosa on a beach after getting stuck/sinking for a bit :)

beACH.jpg

then these turned up in the morning :)

porthmadog.jpg

all thats happened really..next update should be black interior and was thinking of purple door pillars..