ELZ's Matt Black Mk1 Arosa.. Now Green 6n Polo

ElZ 16v

today i got my almost complete interior for mine so that'll be going in aswell as some lupo sport alloys! Got a steel wheel but wanted whole set! Ah well :) i'll update my prog thread as it goes along, lemme know what you think :)

Sounds cool, any news on a front bumper yet? White mk1's are few and far between when I was looking for a mk1 they were all black or the dark green or silver and my bro has a silver one, sport wheels are nice :P should have mine on by about 4 o'clock tomorrow afternoon:)

im after any colour lol, i'll get it redone at the shop down the road from me :) lol - decided sod it, its getting completely slammed for the 18th of september when the players shows on :D

Ahhh where is players? I'm going edition with a few mates next weekend which should be good, and my dad might be getting mine a full outside respray :P cheers james the mk2 is very nice :P and yea gonna give it a good polish this weekend hopefully once the wheels are on:)

players is in epping in essex as far as i'm aware look on facebook!

Edited by Brad1992

nice :D i will get a pic up on my prog thread of my new wheels, check it out i've got some new stuff on there!

:) goodluck mate, should look good when done - it's pouring down with rain here so no interior today..

wheels and tyres on without arches rolled (high as the clouds)..

IMG00562-20110827-1154.jpg

IMG00563-20110827-1240.jpg

as a result of being low with the 7js on it pulled the arch outwards as i turned, so the arch liner was pulled out and the lugs for the arch liner cut off then rolling began

IMG00564-20110827-1247.jpg

clearly the best working conditions to be rolling arches in.

IMG00565-20110827-1812.jpg

not the best finish as it was rushed/belting down with rain,freezing cold,no heat gun

low and rolled

IMG00578-20110829-1351.jpg

arches taped up as paint flaked because both arches were bent out first.

IMG00579-20110829-1352.jpg

not the best finish by any means but atleast its low and doesnt scrub.

feedback/criticism welcome.

and yes needs a good clean and polish and the arches painting and filling to get a nicer finish.

will also get some better pictures as my blackberry camera is shocking and makes the car look terrible.

Edited by ElZ 16v

Should write a bit of a walkthrough bro. I'm wanting to give it a go but after seeing some failed videos on youtube.... Im a tad scared! Whole wings just crumbling because there was some rust lol..

Thinkin I might get mine rolled at a garage, £30 a corner but at least if it ****s up they'll fix it...

Should write a bit of a walkthrough bro. I'm wanting to give it a go but after seeing some failed videos on youtube.... Im a tad scared! Whole wings just crumbling because there was some rust lol..

Thinkin I might get mine rolled at a garage, £30 a corner but at least if it ****s up they'll fix it...

They might tell you they wont do anything about the paint if it flakes, they'll most likely have a disclaimer to stop you telling them to paint it afterwards.

Yea I borrowed the arch roller and there 250 quid a go so I couldn't afford one especially after buying tyres then getting wheels painted so borrowed it and ruined the paint but I have an idea how to cover it and make it work :P

Tonight at a wee meet (Which turned out to be pretty big actually..) a good friend of mine put forward a deal to me lol. Arches rolled and full respray, and hes buying the paint, for a possible full sleeve tattoo! I'm a tattooer, you see :P

so I'll mull this one over n see what I think :P

Joe: I borrowed one of my mates mk2 arosa as he has 2 bonnet bra's and I put it on and the bit on the mk2 ra where the badge goes on a mk2 is cut out so I just hook that bit tight and shoot the bonnet and it looked okay, I'll put it back on and get a better picture,

Half of zero: that sounds a worth while deal to me tattoos are amazing I think like london ink and such, I need a chassis notch as the chassis is just wearing the driveshaft away :(

Oh and by the way joe, cheers for positive comments :P

I did get also get a number off a guy from tatton park vw show, he does custom bra's and he said he could easily make one for a mk1 arosa for 35 quid for a plain coloured bra or a dearer price for one with a pattern or checkers