barry island, wales, this saturday

PM Sarah_Diamond

She's a little out of the way of Barry, but she'll be game for a meet. She's got a GTI think.

I worked in Barry for about 6 months. I'll tell you now, it's an absolute crap hole! if you've got a GTI be careful where you leave it, as i ended up with a chewed up locking wheel nut one night and a snapped door handle another night from an attempted break in after (im pretty sure) someone followed me back to my hotel!

If you want somewhere nice to stay for £30 per night b&b use new farm on port road.

I think you'll struggle to find 3 or 4 people to be honest.

Although i used to see a clan of VW owners blasting around in beetles and old polo's, so maybe you could get in with them.

I often saw them at mcdonalds in Sully at the bottom of the big dual carriage way on the island.

let them go out on the hen night, go to local shop buy stupid amounts of alcohol.. get yourself paraletic and head into town yourself.

that way, you don't care that you're going out on your own, you're smashed so will talk to anyone etcetc...

Edited by Kent

Loads of VW's & quite a few Loops esp GTI's around S.Wales but think it can be said for most of us locals - Barry Island - umm just no lol. I struggle to get 5 or 6 loops together for the local meets I've organised on here giving literally months notice too, & on a mutually agreed date so I wouldn't hold your breath!

Edited by elliecjno1

Ah, I missed this thread and was actually in Swansea on the weekend anyhow.

However, as Ellie said, Barry Island is a bit of a no-go, I've been for a spin once or twice before but it all seems to be corsas and saxos with neons etc..... not my kinda thing really.

As Cooper said, I've also seen the old Polos and old Beetle going around, haven't been to Barry in a while though so still haven't managed to meet any of them to see the cars in more detail.

Hope you had a good time if you did come down :)