Roof gutter rails lifting

I think this may have started when I took the roof rails out once to clean the gutters out, now both rails lift up at the ends and wont stay in. I'm assuming the rubber seals are a bit worn out and therefore wont seal tightly into the gutters.

Anything I can do to fix this or do I need to buy new rails?

Thanks.

Careful they don't lift at the rear and slide back. Cost me a new spoiler and roof rails. Wallet said ouch!

My new ones are moving more\worse than the originals.

I just check them regularly.

So there's a chance that even a new set would lift too? :(

I find myself pushing them back in every time I go to the car, they lift up above the roof at the back sometimes, looks crap!

Mine kept popping out in places, I just bent them slightly on the bits they were popping out at, that seemed to sort them. I think when you take them out they bend making them not fit properly until you get their shape right again

It's probably because you cleaned them. They used to stick to all the muck, and now you've made a nice shiny slippery surface that they can't cling to.

Mine used to lift at the front all the time. Then they were ok for years, now they've started lifting at the back and have slid back and hit the spoiler. :( Luckily not to the extent of Silver!'s though.

I think I was lucky as removed mine and then reshaped them to the natural car curve with a little more and then refitted (took me ages to get a smooth curve)..........be careful as they are soft alloy.

Not had a prob with mine since refitting and it gave me a chance to clean out the channels and put some fresh grease down for protection.

Once refitted keep an eye on them.

Edited by Mike_M

I think I was lucky as removed mine and then reshaped them to the natural car curve with a little more and then refitted (took me ages to get a smooth curve)..........be careful as they are soft alloy.

Not had a prob with mine since refitting and it gave me a chance to clean out the channels and put some fresh grease down for protection.

Once refitted keep an eye on them.

What grease are you using Mike? cheers

Mine done this when I removed them to clean underneath but I took them out and bent them back down into shape, all good now :)