Rear Speakers

What's the best way to install speakers in the rear of a standard 1.4 Lupo?

The speakers in the front are good. They've got a good response, I just want to fill the car a little more.

Anyone who's done this already? What models have rear speakers? And are the rear speakers different (in size/part number) to the front speakers?

Arron

well you need rear door cards from a gti, these have the grilles for the speakers. even if you can get hold of them, and theyre hard to come by, you need to check you have the mounting holes for the speakers; easy check, just take of your rear door cards, they just yank off, if theres holes youre game on.

did they put holes under the rear cards in some and not in others then? i dont have them :( but you can see where it should go.

The holes in the actual door cards came included in all lupo gti rear door cards. The holes in the metal panel behind those doorcards are included on all lupo gtis but not all lupos. IIRC treblet reckons it was around '99 that they put the holes in place on all lupos (but there are lupos newer than this without the holes. Mine is a 51 (2002) and i have the holes and have been lucky enough to find gti rear cards. Having rear speakers make chuff all difference to the sound in the front on my system i really only installed them for passengers.

ahh i see, mines 1999 and i dont have them, so i guess its a no go for me then. im not too fussed anyway, it already sounds sweet ;)

Decent speakz up front, sub out back youll be sorted.

Cool, just had a look (broke a plastic clip in the process) and I do have holes for the speakers.

I guess the initial reason I started this is that when I drive I can't hear much bass until I turn the volume up. I don't want to take up any more room in this little car by fitting a sub. Any decent mid-low components out there?

no no no :P get some decent components such as focal and possibly a sub if you want to boost the low end. Honestly, if i fade my speaker output from 50/50 front and rear to just front it makes no difference what so ever. The clarity in mine is amazing and the subs kick out at the bottom.

no no no :P get some decent components such as focal and possibly a sub if you want to boost the low end. Honestly, if i fade my speaker output from 50/50 front and rear to just front it makes no difference what so ever. The clarity in mine is amazing and the subs kick out at the bottom.

+1

You'll get far better sound with a decent set of components and a sub in the boot than you will by adding rear speakers.

+10000000000000000000000

you wont notice how bad the standard speakers are until you have some new comps fitted.

I'm a producer so I deal with sound quite a lot. I don't, however, know much about car speakers and I have a car with a very small boot. I don't want to take up anymore room with a sub so I'm looking for the next best thing that will fit in those GTi holes. I like the character of the standard speakers but maybe my only option is to go for pod components. So, what aftermarket door speakers does everybody have?

i have these, i was on quite a budget, and remembered a friend having these a few months back and loving them, apologies for the link leading to ebay, makes them seem cheap haha

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLI-Integrator-Comp-6-6-5-Car-Component-Speakers-2010-/140466237031?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_Car_Speakers_PP&hash=item20b470ae67

but for less that £50 i really couldn't recommend them more, i dont really have any experience with anything more expensive though...

The standard stereo system in a Lupo is awefull. My brother had a cheapy cd player and speakers in his Mini and it sounded sooo much better the standard stuff in my car.

£200 later, new cd player and Focal comps and it sounds awesome.

16cm/6.5 inches is the right size for for the front on Lupos. You need a spacer ring to fit after market speakers on the front.

I doubt halfrauds will stock Focal stuff. I got mine from Car Audio Secruity, very good service, came with evrything I needed to fit the speakers and cdplayer I bought from them.

Yes i love mine, havent heard the focals but I know they're highly reccomended. Try eBay, halfords, car audio centre etc and compare prices, when I bought my type e's for the rears halfords was much cheaper than eBay but for the tyPe r's eBay won hands down :) it's 16.5cm you'll need adaptor rings which screw onto the door and you screw the speakers into them, or make mdf baffles :) this is because the orIginal speakers are riveted in.

I got some Focal Access A1's in the end. I fitted them today. Tested them and tested them. There's a few lows between 50-80Hz which I gained, but other than that there's hardly any difference, especially not for £95 (incl tweeters). Taking them back tomorrow. Might get a Hello Kitty air freshener instead ;)

I know you've said you gonna put them in the back door cards but would it not be easier to just get a stealth shelf and stick 2 coaxials in that way? Ive done that in my car and it sounds bangin' :) the coaxials give out quite a bit of bass aswell...