My Polo GTI!!!

ThePowerStation

Thought i'd post up a few pics of my ride just to say hello.

I know it's not a Lupo/Arosa but i've found this site has a lot more info on the 1.6 16v GTI engine etc, and seem to spend a lot of time here.

polo5.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

polo6.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

polo2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCI0016.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCI0010.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

mypolo5.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Not done many mods yet, but got lots planned, mostly subtle. 8)

Very nice, i almost got one but found out that the lupo was quicker and has a lower insurance group. Im guessing it's an early model though as it hasnt got climatronic which is standard? Also i hope you dont mind me asking, but where is the rear wiper from? Is it from a 9n?

Faaar more sensible than the lupo... *adjust mirrors, sit back, `re-adjust`, sit back and check again, tweak, sit back and check - repeat as necessary*
Sounds like youve been having some trouble there mate tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

The wiper is from a 9N but i shortened it as the 6N2 has a smaller rear screen, and the wiper would hit the spoiler.

Actually one mod i'm not entirely happy with - It judders too much and doesn't do a great job of clearing the screen. Think it may be to do with the fact it has quite a severe curve to the blade which shortening it doesn't help. This causes it to not sit completely flush with the screen.

Looks better though. lol

Oh yeah, it is an early one 2000 on a `W-reg`. Has `air-con` instead of Climatronic though i'm afraid this wasn't standard, as in the hunt for a GTI i found newer X & Y reg models. Some had no form of `air-con` and an electric sunroof some had `air-con` and sunroof. Others only had Climatronic.

Weird, i know.

Actually one mod i'm not entirely happy with - It judders too much and doesn't do a great job of clearing the screen.

Shame, i think i'll get the aero one from the fabia then

Oh yeah, it is an early one 2000 on a `W-reg`. Has `air-con` instead of Climatronic though i'm afraid this wasn't standard, as in the hunt for a GTI i found newer X & Y reg models. Some had no form of `air-con` and an electric sunroof some had `air-con` and sunroof.

That i didnt no, no sunroof and no aircon on a gti :shock: