can i fit a new backbox onto my arosa?

Dan *Arosa* Fisher

im looking for a little more performance from my arosa and a lowder brap from the car :) what back box can i fit

Cheers

Dan

have u done an air filter yet? that will be all the noise u will ever need cheaply. otherwise, get a drill and make a hole just before the cat in your exhaust pipe - lots of noise then for free lol!

an exhaust would cost u more than coilovers... priorities!

and forget adding any power. just get rid of weight.

Edited by BEP51

A back box will give you no extra power at all.

Personally I prefer induction noise to exhaust noise but then thats just me

As a fully paid up member of the fashion police, I am going to recommend you dont get auniversal titanium flamed tipped jap slashed cut box :lol:

i'd say if you do go down the new back box route, get one with a curved tailpipe, or at least get a custom place to make you one up, the back box fell off mine recently and although it did sound great :D i really noticed the lack of back pressure!

If you were local i'd give you the number of a really good custom place.

Edited by Chrisbee

my rear bumper may be up for sale soon in pre primer stages, u would need a custom exhaust to get around your spare wheel well though.

if u put an arosa spoiler on, it isnt going to be a problem cos how in hell would anyone notice for a start, and what kind of accident would u have to have to damage it, unless its a complete write off accident. i see a stick on stock spoiler to be no different to an L plate.

i'd say unless you know it was an optional extra when the car was sold then declare it, as you can always say it was always on the car from factory.

saying that a spoiler in insurance eyes makes the car more "desirable" so its more likely to be stolen.

usually insurance companies are not overly bothered, as in the event of a claim they send someone over to look at the car who hasn't got a clue anyway.

Its if the police take the car for investigation your in the **** as they'll have a machanic pull every part of the car apart which if any part doesnt tally up with what your insurance covers your screwed.

Whats point in trying to make it something its not especially when it wont have the performance to back it up?

Well if he is after a new exhaust sound I don't see anything wrong with that.

I have a classic mini, its not fast but it sounds luuushh.

Ill defiantly miss it when I transfer to the lupo!