Does drilled air box increase petrol consumption

No I meant will I get less mpg.it was already done when I bought the car but I covered he holes with tape. My mate keeps telling me to take it off cos it sounds better but I don't wanna end up spending miles more on petrol

Not sure, but mine just makes throttle response quicker. Tiny bit of noise gain, but nothing substantial

Placebo effect mate, wont make any difference apart from to noise

No I meant will I get less mpg.it was already done when I bought the car but I covered he holes with tape. My mate keeps telling me to take it off cos it sounds better but I don't wanna end up spending miles more on petrol

The mpg wont change with holes or without

Oh that's ok then. I'm changing my MAF anyway cos my mpg has gone down n I didn't want it to be a waste of time

Dont be so naive.

Your brothers car is heavier hence the slower throttle response you 'may' be feeling 'if there is one'

I can ask as many people as you want me too but unless they have cold hard facts that it has got better i wont accept 'i put my foot down bruv and i knocked 8seconds of my 0-60 time'

Also tell me, without supporting mods how can more air too the engine make it accelerate better?

Drilled airboxes are for ricers, end of story.

Ashley

P.S Your MPG will hardly be affected, if at all.

Oh that's ok then. I'm changing my MAF anyway cos my mpg has gone down n I didn't want it to be a waste of time

I dont think any Lupos have a MAF.

And Karting is correct.

I'm sorry but I do happen to have driven my car and my brothers before and after drilling the airbox. I do not know how holes make more air flow and I am not saying it is, all i know is that the time taken from pressing the throttle to the cars revs increasing was decreased.

PS I am not a 'boy racer' or 'naive'

Tom

I'm sorry but I do happen to have driven my car and my brothers before and after drilling the airbox. I do not know how holes make more air flow and I am not saying it is, all i know is that the time taken from pressing the throttle to the cars revs increasing was decreased.

PS I am not a 'boy racer' or 'naive'

Tom

Don't be sorry you clearly can't help it :D. Haha only joking bud, if you think it works then stick with it, fair play to you.

Ashley

I know lots of people that swear by the drilled air box, and if they're happy doing it who am I to tell them otherwise?

Ashley

Yeah lots of people do. What engine is in your Lupo out of interest champ?

if your airbox makes a nicer noise, u will want to hear it more often, thus revving higher/faster, using more fuel. This is the only difference it will make to your fuel consumption.

Edited by BEP51