My boot conversion

Lupo-Joe

Hi CL i haven't a build thread so i thought i'd post my mod under here... So recently i was looking for on of a mk1 arosa tailgate to go onto my lupo as i prefere the rap-around glass on the arosa's rear window,. I finally tracked down one not to far away and got it for 40 quid and got some paint done on it, suck a polo 9N2 rear badge on ( as i hadnt seen anyone else do this before ) and now shes done and on my loop, so i thought id share so pictures just incase and lupo owners wanted to do it but didnt know what it would look like, and maybe people my like the badge also?? Here's some pictures....

IMG-20110508-00054.jpg

EastHertfordshire-20110508-00056.jpg

Before anyone says anything, im also on the hunt for a new rear bumper in flash red as mine looks like rubbish, so if anyone knows one for sale or has one id be interested.

Thanks for looking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i aint too keen on the window idea but does look alryt mate :)

iv got a red loop aswell and i painted my rear badge black with a red inner bit:

WP_000056.jpg

would it go with your loops idea ?

where you have painted the badge black, and the gaps inbetween the lettering red, isnt there a rubber mount behind the badge? or can you take the rubber mount off and just stick the badge back on without it? :)

where you have painted the badge black, and the gaps inbetween the lettering red, isnt there a rubber mount behind the badge? or can you take the rubber mount off and just stick the badge back on without it? :)

the rubber part is part of the badge, the badge is made of two pieces the chrome part and the background and rubber edge, you remove the whole badge and take the pieces apart, mask off the rubber edge and paint the backing, then re assemble when dry

Edited by jamiea7x

I was close to buying a Lupo if my Arosa was as broken as I thought it was (thankfully wasn't :D), and I was gonna change the boot over :) Looks good mate, tried just cutting back the paint on the bumper?

Edited by BlockHead

what i done was took the badge off then drilled out the rivets and painted and glued it back together n sticky pads (number plate ones) held it back on dont take long at all

what i done was took the badge off then drilled out the rivets and painted and glued it back together n sticky pads (number plate ones) held it back on dont take long at all

woul i be able to use araldite glue to stick the badge back onto the boot or do i have to use sticky pads? :)

mark