Non start :(

iv got a 1.4 16v (75bhp) lupo reasently the gearbox gave up so i took it out an rebuilt it myself now iv put it back in the engine wont start, the engine turns over but does not fire up. iv checked that i havnt chrushed any off the wires an also checked the crank position sensor an all looks ok :/

any ideas anyone????

yes all the plugs are connected and the earth strap is on, iv just checked to see if there is a spark an there isnt. could i have a sensor fault an the ecu is telling it not to start or would it be an ignition problem???

thanks.

I'm trying to think what electrics need to be removed to take the box out, not much at all I don't think....what exactly did you take off your engine mate?

i have tried another coil pack an is still the same,ermm not a lot of wires need to come off the take the gearbox out only the reverse sensor and the speedo sensor plugs need to come off. the engine hasnt been run for about 2 weeks now but i have charged the battery up.

any more ideas? :/

Do any lights come up on the dash? Like for instance a picture of a key? I can only think you could have either an immobilizer fault for some very random reason, or, and more likely, it's an ignition problem itself as has been mentioned around the connections for the coil. It's obviously not sparking for a good reason, I know that sounds obvious but it's kinda logical really, it ran before you pulled bits off it, and now it wont, so it must be something that has been disturbed, removed, whatever, whilst you were doing your box job. I don't even think you need the tacho sensor in to make the engine fire. And the reverse switch wouldn't affect it. I know it's frustrating but you're gonna have to re-check the whole area around which you were working, all wiring, especially anything to do with ignition or timing. It's more than likely something really basic that you'll kick yourself for not spotting in the first place, you may have even blown a fuse when fiddling about sticking your starter back on or something daft like that.

Do any lights come up on the dash? Like for instance a picture of a key? I can only think you could have either an immobilizer fault

Do lupos have such a light?

If it was the immobilisor, it would start then cut out

Was just asking a question mate. I'm only familiar with the gti set up and don't like assuming all models are the same. Plus quite a lot of cars will only ever crank over if the immobiliser is activated, although I know the gti will strike up for a moment.