Dodo juice wax :O

gimpson

Yep, purple haze, blue haze or rainforest rub will be just perfect.

The hard waxes are harder to apply but last twice as long as the soft wax.

The results are great once you have put the work in. I found best results if you use a pre wax cleanser with it, this gives the painwork a real good shine and then the wax seals it.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-1255-dodo-juice.aspx

Cheers

Guy.

The hard waxes are harder to apply but last twice as long as the soft wax.

Not true.

The core eight waxes will have about the same finish and durability, the texture (Hard vs Soft) has nothing to do with the durability.

Op it depends how much you want to spend really. I will always recommend Supernatural, but being £60 a jar (for 200ml it is out of most peoples budget)

Supernatural will suite any colour car, but it can be a bit harder to apply and buff off due to some of the ingredients used.

My current favourate is Rubbish Boys Juiced Edition, gorgeous pineapple smell and it applys much like butter to the paint work. It gives a good deep gloss finish and with good maintenance it will give you 2 months of protection.

5523967548_9e24805212_z.jpg

This is James' Gti wearing a coat of Rubbish Boys JE, i had Lime Primed it before hand.

BUT, 80% of what final finish you get is down to the prep, you can just slap a coat of Zymol Royale onto some paint work and it will give you a mirror finish, most of the shine (especially in James' case) comes from hours of machine polishing and refinement.

Are you going to buy a big jar or just a little one?

If you are going for a little one you need to bear in mind that you can get up to ten coats out of a 30ml panel pot. Maybe purchase one or two of them?

If you decide to go with what Adrian suggested, it may be worth looking into the pro versions. In a nut shell its the core wax with an added shot of the polymer sealant that is found in Red Mist, taking the durability (again, with good maintenance) up to 3.5-4 months.

Of course, there are always other waxes/sealants, i know 12 is a user of Swissvax BOS and John and James like a good bit of Zaino. Something like Megs 16 paste was is also very good for the money.

Its all about what works best for you :)

Hope this helps.

Application technique mainly, hard designed to applied with a finger mitt, and the soft with fingers.

You can apply every wax with both, but soft tend to clogg applicators and hard you have to scrape off and melt in the palm of your hand if trying to apply with your fingers.

Thanks very much all good info in the replys think i will do for the rainforest rub dodojuice cause the harder wax will probs last me alot longer cause i like to clean the car alot :) i need a respray though , if only wax removed deep scratches and dents lol :blush:

Will post some pics of wee fredo when i get him painted and lower a wee tiny bit more

Many thanks darren

Also I have used purple haze and was told direct from dodo that it is the best colour for moon silver. Just incase anyone else wondered lol.

Not true.

The core eight waxes will have about the same finish and durability, the texture (Hard vs Soft) has nothing to do with the durability.

Op it depends how much you want to spend really. I will always recommend Supernatural, but being £60 a jar (for 200ml it is out of most peoples budget)

Supernatural will suite any colour car, but it can be a bit harder to apply and buff off due to some of the ingredients used.

My current favourate is Rubbish Boys Juiced Edition, gorgeous pineapple smell and it applys much like butter to the paint work. It gives a good deep gloss finish and with good maintenance it will give you 2 months of protection.

5523967548_9e24805212_z.jpg

This is James' Gti wearing a coat of Rubbish Boys JE, i had Lime Primed it before hand.

BUT, 80% of what final finish you get is down to the prep, you can just slap a coat of Zymol Royale onto some paint work and it will give you a mirror finish, most of the shine (especially in James' case) comes from hours of machine polishing and refinement.

Are you going to buy a big jar or just a little one?

If you are going for a little one you need to bear in mind that you can get up to ten coats out of a 30ml panel pot. Maybe purchase one or two of them?

If you decide to go with what Adrian suggested, it may be worth looking into the pro versions. In a nut shell its the core wax with an added shot of the polymer sealant that is found in Red Mist, taking the durability (again, with good maintenance) up to 3.5-4 months.

Of course, there are always other waxes/sealants, i know 12 is a user of Swissvax BOS and John and James like a good bit of Zaino. Something like Megs 16 paste was is also very good for the money.

Its all about what works best for you :)

Hope this helps.

BOOM!

THREAD OVER!

:) You have just made my day!

I guess the Purple haze will be best for the black one, what about my yellow one?

Will the purple haze be ok over a coat or poorboys black hole?

Edited by Defcon5

10 coats of a whole car, and thats a conservative estimation.

If applied correctly though, Iv known people that have got 1 layer on the car from a panel pot and struggled at that.

Slapping a thick layer of wax on your paint isnt gonna protect it anymore than a very thin layer.

I find with Dodo wax it takes a hardly visible layer on your paint to give you the protection required.

See here for a review on a new dodo wax which is a supernatural hybrid wax, its useful to show you how much wax it really takes to give you the benefits of Dodo :)