advice when buying a gti

plattsy90

There ya go, I really don't see why a new starter would start squealing before it's sell by date.

Apologies - I was meaning its very common now, as most cars are over 5 years old, with 60k+ mileage, not thats its common generally

Guest A20NWK

yes black one. have you seen it?

I actually phoned the "dealer" a week after initially speaking to him and he couldn't remember the call at all - fair enough, not a problem... until he started telling me a completely different story to what he'd told me the previous week, mainly regarding MOT dates, tax expiry and previous owners etc. It put me off so I never actually went to view it and have since bought a silver GTI from the Buxton area. Let me know how you go on though, will be interested to see if it's a genuine car/seller or not! :)

I actually phoned the "dealer" a week after initially speaking to him and he couldn't remember the call at all - fair enough, not a problem... until he started telling me a completely different story to what he'd told me the previous week, mainly regarding MOT dates, tax expiry and previous owners etc. It put me off so I never actually went to view it and have since bought a silver GTI from the Buxton area.

Let me know how you go on though, will be interested to see if it's a genuine car/seller or not! :)

Yeah seemed genuine enough. Rated himself a bit. But the car was in good order. Only problem I found was a bit of bubbling on the drivers door which can be sorted. No tax but knock it off the price. Put a deposit down on it. The one you bought the Wolfsburg edition?

Guest A20NWK

Yes I bought the "Wolfsburg Edition" lol. I went there knowing there were no special editions and the lad there said he genuinely knew nothing about it as that's how it was when he bought it. I've took both badges off now anyways. The only issues with it are the chip in the windscreen (sorted today), airbag light and driver's side door, which swings all the way open without hinging. Other than that it's pretty sound :)

• 1 month later...

lovin the GTI sammmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)

let me no if your going to any events convoy!! :P

edition 38 on the cards this year? me, walker, owen n thm guys are going.. think the gti should make an appearance!!

:D