Lupo GTI to A1

LUPOES

Was browsing Autotrader at work today looking at Lupo GTIs and thinking back to the glorious three years of ownership!

Sold October 2010:

Lupo.jpg

LUPO4.jpg

Took delivery November 2010:

a11111111.jpg

A1111111.jpg

Clocking up 3,300 miles now. Do miss the Lupo though.

haha brilliant, was wondering how it's getting on in the cold!

Hope you're enjoying the car!

A1 is lovely but it's a mis-build (no leather seats!) so I am told my "proper" car has now been built and I should have it within a couple of weeks.

T

its doing good mate, loving it.

thats a while to fix an error on there part

@sat1983: i stress about my wee lupo in the work car park or anywhere i leave it :|

Edited by Dz1981

Great, pleased to hear it. I often think about it, especially when I see about a metre long bit of yellow line in town on a Sunday on which I can no longer fit!

Yeh with the mess up (that I noticed when I went to collect it) I had to go to the back of the queue as it was ordering a whole new car. As they're paying the extra for Audi Exclusive, I wanted to go for a different colour interior, but thought about resale, so plumped for black!

A1 is lovely but it's a mis-build (no leather seats!) so I am told my "proper" car has now been built and I should have it within a couple of weeks.

Seems to have been a lot of misbuilds so far... not good really!

Hi Nicki,

Indeed there have been a couple of similar situations reported on the A1 forum whch I think you will have seen. You would have thought they would try and get it right the first time around! JamesTdi, mine's a 1.4 petrol. I guess mine will make a good piece of used stock as dealers seemed to have ordered 1.2 and 1.6 in their drogues for dealer stock by what I can see on Pistonheads, so a well specked 1.4 S-line with 3,500 miles on it might sell quite quickly.

DZ, have not planned on going to any shows this year, but might look to going to one if south of Birmingham.... would need to get a "my last car woz a Lupo" sticker first!

After visiting dealer for plate change yesterday, my new one has landed in the UK apparently and has the "supersports" seats which I'm a little worried about... think they're now trying to over compensate for the mess up. Much rather they'd give me the TT-RS/S3 wheels I've been asking about for the last nine months!

• 5 months later...

London - Madrid - London

Hello again all,

Thought I'd pop in and say hello. Am sorry to have missed that advert for the 2005 GTI! Who am I kidding anyway... I don't have anywhere to keep it!

The "proper" A1 is going well; I picked it up about a week after the above post and now I've done about 4,500 miles in it after a cheeky little drive to Madrid. I had holiday booked off work but with nowhere to go. I was going to go to Cyprus with a uni mate, who bailed out due to the cost of having just moved flat etc, so I took it upon myself to take my toy and drive to Madrid to stay with my cousin for nine days.

Thought I would take a few photos to show you the trip. My one moan of the whole trip though is France itself. Yes, it's ruddy expensive, and I believe that no matter how many times I consulted viamichelin.co.uk before I left, it would never have quite prepared me for the amount of money I was going to chuck away on damn road tolls. Damn them. I haven't the guts to check the stash of receipts I had filling up the armrest, but I reckon it was at least €100 each way just on the tolls.

Monday 22nd Aug - Thurs 1st September

Figures at the end.

Awaiting train departure. First waypoint is French stopover:

Nav1.jpg

Fifteen mins of Alan Partridge:

Ontrain.jpg

Stopping for coffee somewhere just the other side of Rouen:

Rouencoffee.jpg

Arrival at stopover for Monday night. Arrived about 1530 I think. €62 for the night plus €7 for brekkie, which was worth it so I didn't have to stop off later. Comfortable place and parking right outside the room (great for someone so car-anal such as myself!):

stopover1.jpg

Shortly after departing French stopover on the Tuesday morning. I wanted to go to San Sebastian for a spot of lunch before heading down to Madrid.

Beer & ham in the boot before departure:

Booze.jpg

Filled up and ready to head back yesterday morning. I really fancied flying home at the thought of doing this again!

Navback.jpg

As I crossed back into France I thought I might try and do the whole lot in one go. I hadn't booked anywhere to stay in France and was instead just going to stop for a couple of hours in one of their many picnic/layby areas but instead phoned a friend to look up early AM train times for me, so I headed up with the intention of getting the 0325 train as opposed to my booked 0750. Missed the early one but ended up sussing out the back seats as a bed and snoozed for 30 mins until my 0529 train. After 16 hours travelling it was comfortable enough in the back!

Shot from Calais this morning after checking in and being greeted by the lovely UK border control:

Calais.jpg

(yeh the passenger door isn't shut properly)

All in all, it was a great trip and I'm glad I've done it. On reflection the £477 return to Cyprus now seems like a steal! I wouldn't do it on my own again though as it does get a little boring even with new scenery and 16GB ish of music on an SD card.

I would certainly do it again though.

Figures (not scientific you understand) & info:

French stopover, near Nantes:

http://www.booking.c...9572413;srpos=1

Petrol approx £316 not including about €40 used whilst driving about Madrid. Average exch. rate on my EUR currency card of 1.1233 and the last fill up of €70 was paid for on the bank card so exch. rate as yet unknown but for sake of argument we'll say I paid for it on the EUR card.

95 unleaded used all the way apart from first fill up yesterday morning when leaving Madrid, where I put in a tank of 98.

Outbound: 3.5 tanks

Inbound: almost 3 tanks

Tunnel £138 return (no sign of the summer £44 return deal they were still advertising in mid August - not even at the times of day I was travelling - the cheeky buggers)

Travel insurance about £13.

Best mileage on a tank working roughly in my head approx 410 miles.

Best avr. MPG I saw when I checked using the scroll wheel: 45.4

Approx Route:

Outbound: Calais/Rouen/Le Mans/Angers/Cholet (stop, nr Nantes)/Angouleme/Bordeaux/San Sebastian/Burgos/Madrid

Inbound: Madrid/Burgos/San Sebastian/Bordeaux/Poitiers/Orleans/Paris (with sneak peak at Eiffel Tower, traffic v. bad too at 0030 this morning)/Amiens/Calais

Total trip miles: 2385. Non stop inbound trip 1,068 miles door to door, 17h 20m. Sticking to speed limits (or 10km/h below) on cruise control nearly all the time, each way.

Best features on car: Having digital speedo read in km/h and the sat nav's special destination "in vicinity of route" feature, to ensure as few fuel stops a

Edited by LUPOES