• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this arrived yesterday...

DSC02008.jpg

One later that day from up above:

DSC02009.jpg

Today was a cleaning day ready for the meet on sunday and the new bumpers to be fitted sunday morning. Started off by removing the last remaining bits of window tint glue with AG fast glass and a scourer.

DSC02010.jpg

Got the boot lid open for the first time in ages. Really should fit that boot popper i have lying around :/

DSC02011.jpg

Gave the car a full interior hoover and an APC wipedown, even underneath the rear mat in the wheel well and all plastics. Car is now spotless inside! I love it when it's like that!

The leather also got some lovin with Zymol leather cleaner wiped on and buffed off bringing out a bit of dirt and then it was bathed in AG leather balm and left to dwell over night tonight. Should make the leather BOOTIFULL!

DSC02012.jpg

DSC02013.jpg

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/public/style_images/mrcrystals/rte_icons/picture.png

Exterior was given a rinse, 2BM wash, wheels cleaned and will be polished tommorow. Glass cleaned and plastics dressed and a good PROPA WAX!

DSC02015.jpg

DSC02016.jpg

DSC02017.jpg

DSC02018.jpg

DSC02019.jpg

The car is now sitting on my drive absolutely immaculate inside and out, all that needs to be done now is to refit the new bumpers sunday morning and to re-fit the interior plastic center piece once it's been re-sprayed and the car is well on it's way!

Going to get a notch saturday morning and take the helpers out and go stupid low for the meet. Will update with pictures of my sparkling wheels tommorow!

Tell me what you think!!!

Edited by Mr Moley

Anyone know where i can get a single snooker ball from?

The ones at my old school were always going missing, we just adapted the game around them. Im sure they wont mind lol. Companies that supply snooker balls should also be able to provide individual replacements if u get in touch (assuming you want new) otherwise ebay where u can get a whole set for less than a tenner, and for something different, lots of individual antique ox-bone snooker balls avaialable at low prices.

What for gear knob if so you can buy them already made, going to get myself some of that autoglym ready for nats on Sunday me thinks

How many women does it take to change a light bulb?

How many men does it take to slam a kermit the frog green MK3 golf?!?!?

DSC02022.jpg

DSC02023.jpg

Turns out.........7.

DSC02024.jpg

So today i woke up with plans of going to my mates house to take the helpers out of the coilovers and notch the chassis to get some STUPID undriveable lows as i'm planning on buying a van for my first car and using this as a play toy as it's currently my daily drive!

We got the car up....

DSC02025.jpg

And then while trying to take the wheels off, my £45 Mcguard locking wheel nut key decided to round itself on the inside, it sits inside the casing via some tighly knitted splines and they just.....rounded. Like that. Cun t. My mate has every tool imaginable in his purpose built mini racing shed including 4 minis haha! So we cracked out the blowtorch and heated the inside of the casing up to try and melt on the key and then cooled it down quickly in a tub of water....

DSC02026.jpg

But to no avail.....it just rounded again. We then heated it up again, put a tight fitting socket in the casing and clamped it into a vice and used 23929423929lbs of man pressure and some big flipin hammers to push that thing in super tight.

But it rounded again.... Alot of swear words later, we gave up and im gunna get it molded into the casing by a metal works and then come the UBER LOWS. But for now, it's sitting on the drive ready to go to the garage at 10am tommorow to get the new front end fitted ready for the krispy kreme meet!

Gunna be lots of pictures to come tommorow but for now at 2am in the morning i'll leave you with this picture of the car the day after i bought it.

DSC01592.jpg

i hate it when you have good plans, and then they are ruined by 1 little f'k up!

i'm going over my dads house this morning to take off my front coils and try and un-sieze them using a vice and 600mm long stillsons! (that plan will probably be fk'd by something!)

I'd rather fix the key and keep using them!

Update:

Krispy kreme was good! Got the front bumper painted and back on today along with the grill but we didnt have time plastic weld up the fog light holes so we just sprayed it and threw it on for the drive down. Will be all fixed properly and back to clean this week!

I sooooo need a diesel van!