3 Subs In The Back Of A Lupo!

You'd be better off with one sub that equals the value of 3, and putting it in an enclosure that works best for it, rather than strangling 3 subs in some crappy little box.

the SQ is amazing

Dragging the sound stage back with those 6x9's means it'll never sound awesome i'm afraid.

Clearly never been in an SQ orientated car.

Edited by Cooper_GTI

You'd be better off with one sub that equals the value of 3, and putting it in an enclosure that works best for it, rather than strangling 3 subs in some crappy little box.

Dragging the sound stage back with those 6x9's means it'll never sound awesome i'm afraid.

Clearly never been in an SQ orientated car.

Why all the hate>? end of the day its summing different

Different doesnt mean good.

3 big subs in a small box and small car + a couple of 6x9s mean that you will never get a good sound. Yer, it might rattle the windows but, the sound stage will be screwed and the bass will be overpowering.

A good set of componets up front, good head unit plus a 10inch sub in a properly sized box and amp will sound a million times better than your set up will.

Different doesnt mean good.

3 big subs in a small box and small car + a couple of 6x9s mean that you will never get a good sound. Yer, it might rattle the windows but, the sound stage will be screwed and the bass will be overpowering.

A good set of componets up front, good head unit plus a 10inch sub in a properly sized box and amp will sound a million times better than your set up will.

Mate i havnt even put the other pictures up yet, i got a double din touch screen headunit from pioneer with door components and tweeters up in the dash this is just my back end when the boots open with both front doors open its good enough for me im not going for show bass or anything out this world, just enough to please me starting to regreat putting this post up to get all this ****

If it was mine (which it isnt), i'd rip out the 6x9's altogether. Back speakers arent needed in a small car. They simply drag the sound stage down and backwards!

I mean, lets be honest, if you go to a concert (which is what we're trying to achieve here), how often do you stand with your back to the stage? That's the effect you're creating with speakers in the rear.

Some rear fill can sometimes work to your advantage, if they are slightly delayed, creating the effect of sound reverberating off the back off the hall/arena at the concert. Takes lots of experience, money and time to get this sounding good, but it can sound mind blowing. You simply arent gonna achieve this with some 3-way 6x9's being beaten up the backside by 3 10" subs! Lol

Edited by Cooper_GTI

.....attitude really over a forum :coffee:

Mate i havnt even put the other pictures up yet, i got a double din touch screen headunit from pioneer with door components and tweeters up in the dash this is just my back end when the boots open with both front doors open its good enough for me im not going for show bass or anything out this world, just enough to please me starting to regreat putting this post up to get all this ****

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I like subs, so good on you I say...I really miss mine, and will be sorting them out in the Summer I think. I do have to agree about the 6X9's though...components do sound a lot nicer.

Keep up the good work, as that install looks pretty tidy to me.

I really don't see the point in this- a heavy ugly looking setup in what is a fine looking little car. If you have to add your touch, a nice head unit will do just fine. And spend the rest of your cash on some nice OEM mods.

But I know you'll disagree.