center exit bike back box

rozzer

so me and a mate where throwing ideas about today for our loops, and i threw out the idea of trying to coble together a center exit exhaust on a 1 litre, now heres my question. Does the sports exhaust come straight back down the center of the car or does it come down the route of a non center exit and then is somehow routed to the center? and also is there any mechanical reason why you couldnt use an R1 back box? would look rather edgy :) rozz

ahhh! just wrote a huge answer then it all deleted -.-

i don't know too much, but the sport and gti wheel wells is just shallower with a smaller spare wheel. Cut and weld would be required else exhaust would probably hang to low and scrape. And it depends what kind of can you mean by a R1 one, as this could be a custom one itself. A stump can wouuld fit easier but a longer (more likely more quite) can might cause some issues with connecting with the rest of the system which will obviously have to be custom made. :(

But yeahh this is a great idea and would love to see it done!

Owen

i don't know too much, but the sport and gti wheel wells is just shallower with a smaller spare wheel. Cut and weld would be required else exhaust would probably hang to low and scrape. And it depends what kind of can you mean by a R1 one, as this could be a custom one itself. A stump can wouuld fit easier but a longer (more likely more quite) can might cause some issues with connecting with the rest of the system which will obviously have to be custom made. :(

Owen

cheers for that mate :), yeah i think there would be some epic scrapage going on like, gona try and get one with the lowest overall diameter to try and avoid it, should make for some interesting welding :L rozz

Gti's have no spare wheel, not sure about sport?

Owen

Outta side of the front bumper

was thinking about that, thought it might look a bit weird :L, would be cooler to have a rear center exit i think. Might just butcher a sport bumper or put it on to make the whole there, gona try it soon :)