2/3 of Plymouth's sport population afaik

BEP51

Saw it today and had to go park by it and take some pics back to back. Im amazed at how low my exhaust hangs, but ive now concluded that it looks better lower on mine cos u can see it from the side angles better.

cimg6775.jpg

cimg6777.jpg

cimg6779t.jpg

cimg6780.jpg

cimg6776z.jpg

My car is genuinely on coilovers, but u can never tell unless you compare it with before lol!

Edited by BEP51

Im debating 5/10mm spacers on the rear at the moment (no lower! it already scrapes on my granny's speed bumps) would it need rolled arches for that? Unfortunately it is quite hard to guess if it would as i cant see it under hard cornering, maybe i should get a few people to sit on the car boot to see how close they are to the arches currently. I feel the rear wheels should have been the same width as the arches, not tucked so far under. (another ultra subtle change). Im currently in the process of waiting for my primer on my new mirror to dry.

Im debating 5/10mm spacers on the rear at the moment (no lower! it already scrapes on my granny's speed bumps) would it need rolled arches for that? Unfortunately it is quite hard to guess if it would as i cant see it under hard cornering, maybe i should get a few people to sit on the car boot to see how close they are to the arches currently. I feel the rear wheels should have been the same width as the arches, not tucked so far under. (another ultra subtle change). Im currently in the process of waiting for my primer on my new mirror to dry.

Yes, I like that idea. Its very Hellaflush style, albeit more subtle lol.

I would deffo get some fatties in the back. I get arch scrub on my rears when I go round corners because the adjusters are out, makes everything that much more bouncy. Got mega arch rub on the rears coming back from Bristol just driving down the Motorway, damn bouncy ass roads!

If you get spacers, get Hubcentric ones. Cannot recommend them enough.

i would go hubcentric. looking at a trackday pic of the car cornering, i doubt it would cause the tyre to catch on the arch at all altho it was entering in the pic not leaving, but to be safe i think i would take a rubber hammer gently to it to take the sharp edge off of it. Wish the standard alloys were 7.5J too, would look a little chunkier from behind.

U have had your arches flared surely? they look far more defined than standard?

I have driven round most of plymouth for quite a while, never fail to see a lupo. There are arosas and 1.0 and 1.4 lupos but no gti's. Just remembered bradders123 has a blue sport too but his isnt always in plymouth cos he's here at uni. So 2 of plymouth's 3 lol. Will change the title later to 2/3 of plymouth' lupo sport population lol.

i would go hubcentric. looking at a trackday pic of the car cornering, i doubt it would cause the tyre to catch on the arch at all altho it was entering in the pic not leaving, but to be safe i think i would take a rubber hammer gently to it to take the sharp edge off of it. Wish the standard alloys were 7.5J too, would look a little chunkier from behind.

U have had your arches flared surely? they look far more defined than standard?

Not sure how bothered you are but just for your information, even when the coilovers on my sport were wound all the way down on the front and all adjusters and caps were taken out of the rear, the standard wheels with the standard tyre size of 185/55 never touched the arches, as I say, just for your information ;)

ive seen an old lady in plymouth with a silver gti, we came head to head down a single file street and i was smillin like ****, but she just didnt give a **** we had the same cars :(

Not sure how bothered you are but just for your information, even when the coilovers on my sport were wound all the way down on the front and all adjusters and caps were taken out of the rear, the standard wheels with the standard tyre size of 185/55 never touched the arches, as I say, just for your information ;)

I know they wouldnt touch all the way down, cos they get camber the lower u go on the back, but i was just wondering how much space between the tyre and the arch is when they are right down? can u see on yours? i aim to have my rear wheels fairly flush with the current spring and damper travel.

ive seen an old lady in plymouth with a silver gti, we came head to head down a single file street and i was smillin like ****, but she just didnt give a **** we had the same cars :(

a common occurance unfortunately :( almost every time i see another lupo it is drien by someone with white hair and a frown on steels with a hub cap missing.