boot smoothing for £50

lupo_1.0

well its done by usinf filler and welding..

the badge hole will be fiberglassed and the handle will have plates welded to it..

and then the handle will then have a top coat of filler to cover the weldes..

i can block the filler down and also primer it if it needs doing but that would be a bit extra..

i would get the care prep and ready to spray..

i may also be able to spray the car too at a later date.

half hour! :shock:

Bloody hell!

Is it not possable to plate the boot holl as well?

Id like to have a boot lid thats got only minor filler.

Theres a lot of pressure in my boot, and filler would crack within a week.

Would plateing work?

thats the only problem with filler on the boot, expecially wen if u slam it down, i suppose if ur good u can weld a plate flush with the boot skin and grind the weld, something like clifford with his brows, might have to have a skim of filler to smooth things out

guys do none of you go luck for options?

Next time you take the car for its service, take a look at the other models in the show room instead of ogling the girl behind the sales desk, have a look at the other boot openings on other models.

Pay close attention to any estate cars in there.

After you open the boot, you will understand why worrying about a boreing handle, when you see the cool way of getting in you could use.

For very little work.

I was looking for different options for my boot but i'm planning on keeping the badge. My sister's beetle has a solenoid operated tailgate and fuel cap. I was thinking i could use the interior switch which is already marked up as a tailgate switch and incorporate it somewhere (hadn't thought that far yet!)

Also because i also want to delock the handles i don't want to be in the situation where i'm locked out of the car, by using the beetle badge it also has a lock and handle underneath so that situation shouldn't come up! I thought about the mk5 golf badge but it looks like a lot more hassle cos of the surround on the badge. Here's a pic of the beetle badge i'm planning on using.

bug_badge01.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

QUOTE(Red Lup Gti)
i brought a solenoid kit last year at inters!  

Still ant fitted it yet!!

lmao.

And the gear Knob Andy bought me for £1 that you and him fitted to get out of the rain, still comes off in my hands when Im raggin it laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

when Im raggin it

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />