Have a hankering for a polo dune

lupo boy

Well, i fancy trading the old loop for something a bit newer, and i wanted something a bit different something like the polo dune, but after much research about the 1.4TDI its infact more detuned than the lupo, producing 70bhp rather than 75bhp, it also has lot less torque and is slower, i also noticed the same on newer polos with the 1.4TDI engine, why have vw desided to make a great diesel engine into something less great? Can you notice the difference between the two engines performances?

Any answers would be much appreciated :)

Yes, it's not even that good on mpg when sitting at motorways speeds. It's at home on single track A roads where your sitting at 40 - 60mph.

However, you can get a stage 1 remap which will take it to approx 100bhp, give it more torque (approx 174ftlb) and improve the all round mpg from Revo.

I am currently waiting to hear back a price and final confirmation from the boffins at REVO that the 75bhp PD upgrade will be OK on the 70bhp 9n3 model.

Great car however lovely little extras, though I'm dissapointed it's got drums on the rear still. Other than that it's all good.

I like and can recommend. I think the 9n has the 75bhp engine.

Yes, it's not even that good on mpg when sitting at motorways speeds. It's at home on single track A roads where your sitting at 40 - 60mph.

However, you can get a stage 1 remap which will take it to approx 100bhp, give it more torque (approx 174ftlb) and improve the all round mpg from Revo.

I am currently waiting to hear back a price and final confirmation from the boffins at REVO that the 75bhp PD upgrade will be OK on the 70bhp 9n3 model.

Great car however lovely little extras, though I'm dissapointed it's got drums on the rear still. Other than that it's all good.

I like and can recommend. I think the 9n has the 75bhp engine.

Thanks for the reply,

Can the clutch cope with the extra power?

The car certainly is a lot heavier than a Lupo TDi in the first place, so I would hope the clutch is already uprated to handle the require drive.

That said, I think it's a different engine to the Lupo, so may be different anyhow.

V5\6 4Motion conversion anyone?

:)

I suppose it could do with a little less power, its not all about speed ;) i just love the look of them, and the extra ride height comes in handy for the winter ice ages we appear to be getting in england now, my lupo seems to be doubling up as a snow plough :/

Cheers for the advice

The tyres are 215\45\17 so winter of 185\60\15 on winter wheels are also a recommendation.

I have a set of Audi A3 Pepperpots for winter tyres, but I wasn't expecting snow in November and missed the boat.

Next year I'll get them on in Oct.

Thanks Jabbles. R

The tyres are 215\45\17 so winter of 185\60\15 on winter wheels are also a recommendation.

I have a set of Audi A3 Pepperpots for winter tyres, but I wasn't expecting snow in November and missed the boat.

Next year I'll get them on in Oct.

Thanks Jabbles. R

When you Say its fuel comsumption isnt very good on motorways, how bad is it? Because i go up and down the motorway twice a week, and id say my car gets a fair run, going round town, motorway and country roads, and i average around 58MPG.

When you Say its fuel comsumption isnt very good on motorways, how bad is it? Because i go up and down the motorway twice a week, and id say my car gets a fair run, going round town, motorway and country roads, and i average around 58MPG.

If you sit at 50 - 60 it's pretty much in the high 50s, but at 70 I would say mid to high 40s. I think when I took it to Shropshire last year (2 adults with luggage) it averaged 57mpg for the week on a mix of motorway and a roads with some town and contry driving.

If you sit at 50 - 60 it's pretty much in the high 50s, but at 70 I would say mid to high 40s. I think when I took it to Shropshire last year (2 adults with luggage) it averaged 57mpg for the week on a mix of motorway and a roads with some town and contry driving.

Well, its not that bad, Thanks very much with your help :)