slamming a lupo

blister

i am awaiting my coilovers to come through the post but i got a few questions

is there anything else i need along with the coilovers?

also my classic mini is slammed and i can just about get the jack back out after i lower it back on the ground! lupos go lower so how do you manage to get the jack out from underneath?

i used a old shelf that i drove onto then managed the scissor jack to get it up that little bit more to get the real jack under it but when i let it back down the shelf broke and i got the jack stuff :( my scissor jack was a crappy fiat one though not a vw one i dont think the vw ones have any problems

thank you i will be ordering them and fitting them along with coilovers

oh and with a bit of brilliant wording i got 145 notes off they was supposed to be £245 without postage cant wait for them to come

oh and can someone link me to the bits (top mount bearings and rear rubber mounts) i cannot find them at all!

are these em? i never thought to check ebay.... no mention on rear ones though

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-LUPO-POLO-PAIR-FRONT-STRUT-TOP-MOUNT-BUSH-BEARING-/170544256029?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b53ad41d

Edited by blister

I used to drive onto a bit of wood, but then I got a low jack, and it just fits under the sill. Much easier than fanning about with wood, well worth the money if you use it a fair bit.

Any pictures of the Mini? I've never seen a really low one. How is it lowered?

Just my brother has a Mini that's getting fixed up at the minute, and we're about ready to sort the suspension. :)

Edited by Philplop

you need hi lows, and if your going very low you new Gaz LOWERED shock absorbers otherwise they bottom out i will get some photos up if i can is there a general build thread on here or shall i put it in members rides?

and those coil's if you know what your saying to a salesman they eat it all out of your hand! he didnt even quabble at that price

thank you i will be ordering them and fitting them along with coilovers

oh and with a bit of brilliant wording i got 145 notes off they was supposed to be £245 without postage cant wait for them to come

oh and can someone link me to the bits (top mount bearings and rear rubber mounts) i cannot find them at all!

are these em? i never thought to check ebay.... no mention on rear ones though

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-LUPO-POLO-PAIR-FRONT-STRUT-TOP-MOUNT-BUSH-BEARING-/170544256029?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b53ad41d

I've ordered mine from dealer ...2x top mounts 2x bearing and 4rear mounts cost me around 36£ not too expensive and arrived the next day :)

I've ordered mine from dealer ...2x top mounts 2x bearing and 4rear mounts cost me around 36£ not too expensive and arrived the next day :)

very good price that i just had to buy new front discs and pads! had the wheel of today and i have no idea how they got through a mot!

I used to drive onto a bit of wood, but then I got a low jack, and it just fits under the sill. Much easier than fanning about with wood, well worth the money if you use it a fair bit.

Any pictures of the Mini? I've never seen a really low one. How is it lowered?

Just my brother has a Mini that's getting fixed up at the minute, and we're about ready to sort the suspension. :)

You can't really 'lower' them as such. My mates probably got one of the lowest ones, 10" Wellers with the arches on the tyres (1293 turbo not good on 10's i might add). Hi-los and uprated shocks is the easiest way, coilovers if you have some money.

sod coilovers on a mini you got to sort out all things like corner weights aswell as lbs for the springs to much hassle the its worth!

nothing better then a nice set of shocks on a mini and then minitastic springs, buuut nooo coilovers

here is my mini but the wheel arches arnt tubbed, but if they were i could go down another 2" but the mini is now off the road so its undergoing a rear engine conversion using a spaceframe,

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/4864648/640/4864648.bmp

Edited by blister

oh and the coilovers turned up today more then happy with them! got to sort the bushes out now to get them on,

could someone possibly find me a link or give me a few part numbers for the bushes and bearings etc for front and rear

Edited by blister

oh and the coilovers turned up today more then happy with them! got to sort the bushes out now to get them on,

could someone possibly find me a link or give me a few part numbers for the bushes and bearings etc for front and rear

front top mounts are

6n0 412 331 x 2

Bearing underneath it

1j0 412 249 x 2

rear rubber mounts are

6x0 512 335 x 4