interior light not coming on when opening doors.

The interior light on my Sport doesnt come one when you open either door. The buzzer sounds if you have the headlights on and open the door so the microswitch is working fine.

Any ideas?

It comes on when you press the switch to on, but left in the middle it stays off.

Checked the plugs behind the covers in the corners by your feet? Mine stopped working when I opened the driversside door. While I was running wires for the stereo, I noticed the plug was off. Worked as a charm after putting it back in place :)

Checked the plugs behind the covers in the corners by your feet? Mine stopped working when I opened the driversside door. While I was running wires for the stereo, I noticed the plug was off. Worked as a charm after putting it back in place :)

Thing is, it doesnt work with either door. Is it likely that this could have happened to both sides? I assume both wires come together at some point, do you know where that is?

Bit weird if both goes yes.. is it a fuse for this that can have died, or maybe if a fuse dies the light wouldn't work at all.. but they might come together in the fusebox.. Anyways, it is easy to check the plugs, as the passengerside cover isn't even screwed in, it's just a easy pull off-put back on thing :)

Bit weird if both goes yes.. is it a fuse for this that can have died, or maybe if a fuse dies the light wouldn't work at all.. but they might come together in the fusebox.. Anyways, it is easy to check the plugs, as the passengerside cover isn't even screwed in, it's just a easy pull off-put back on thing :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have this problem with the drivers door but it does have a tendency to cum one once and a while, but since this has happened if I leave the lights on and turn the car off it doesn't make the high pitch sound to tell u about ur lights and the central locking is playing up to! Any ideas at all or will that play havoc due to the plug?

Tbh I haven't got a clue with that one lol all I know is it works all de time when the passenger door opens bt not the drivers door all the time and it must be all linked the somethin because the central locking plays up aswell and the radio want turn on or off by using the ignition :s I want it fixed badly very annoying!

I have a similar problem with mine, when I unlock it the light comes on, when I get in and turn on the ignition it goes out, and when I stop the car and pull the key out the light comes on, but it never comes on or goes off when the doors open or close.