Rear Wiper Not spraying

Joshr676

Hi,

Sorry if there is already a topic on this but can't find one. On my 1998 Seat Arosa the rear wiper jet has blocked so I cannot wash the back wiper when it gets dirty,

This can be a real pain when I do a lot of miles including dual carrageways in this weather.

Any help or suggestions please?

Thanks Josh

lol ye thats what i was thinking just shoot a shot of deicer into the jet but when i say a shot the slightest dribble also when u are pulling the lever to make the spray do you hear that *brrrrrr* noise that usually is made when the water sprays if that noise isnt made then well lets say its not cheap i had that problem lol just as i was about to buy brand new stereo :(

Cheers Dan

lol ye thats what i was thinking just shoot a shot of deicer into the jet but when i say a shot the slightest dribble also when u are pulling the lever to make the spray do you hear that *brrrrrr* noise that usually is made when the water sprays if that noise isnt made then well lets say its not cheap i had that problem lol just as i was about to buy brand new stereo :(

Cheers Dan

Hi thank you for all the replies. The jets didn't stop as soon as it started snowing, they stopped in the summer well the end of the summer when i bought the car but it was hot then.

I can still hear the *brrr* noise as if it was still spraying.

To reply about the pipe coming off inside the boot card. its still on and fine.Thinking about that i may take it off and see if screen wash comes out the pipe when pressed! but if it was off it woud fill my boot up lol

just as i was about to buy brand new stereo :(

thats allways the way lol

have you tried tracing the pipe? because i had the same problem and i traced the pipe, the rear seat behind the passenger the plastic arm rest thing remove that and you should see the pipe in a foam enclosing, the pipe has a connector in the foam so all i did was connect it back together and the washer works! i hope this is helpful

james b

have you tried tracing the pipe? because i had the same problem and i traced the pipe, the rear seat behind the passenger the plastic arm rest thing remove that and you should see the pipe in a foam enclosing, the pipe has a connector in the foam so all i did was connect it back together and the washer works! i hope this is helpful

james b

It was disconnected there in mine too. (and actually solved a really annoying rattle, which was the reason I was ripping the interior apart!)

james b

No i haven't but i will try that latter on today thank you for that!

Josh

:)

mine stopped working, all the pipes were connected so it was pretty obvious that the jet on the end had become blocked, pop it off and drop it in a hot cup of soapy water for a bit, refit and jobs a gooden :)

Hi This was more a less what i did do in the end I was led to believe the motor etc had to come off (By Seat/VW) so I took it all apart cleaned all the pipe and the jet, regreased the cogs inside just for good measures while apart and all it now working that you

:)

I have this exact same problem on my 99 arosa and i soon realised that the plastic cover over the washer jet was blocking the jet stream as it seems to be firing too low. this might be worth checking on yours

Just had this same problem myself on my mk2 Arosa, it's probably the jet blocked and I used a straightened out paper-clip to clear it. Just push the end of the straightened paper-clip into the nozzle, it should clear it - and maybe work the nozzle around a bit at the same time, you will need to check the aim of the jet afterwards.

If it's not spraying I'd advise you don't keep pumping them, my front washers stopped working in the snow and I kept trying to pump it out, ended up blowing the fuse (Y) But I have the same problem, gonna try the door card when I get some time :)