Dan's Chloe - Gone But Not Forgotten xx

Dan *Arosa* Fisher

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice wheels, quite high profile tyres. U can probably get them all balanced up again for about a fiver a wheel... or less depending if u know someone well at a garage. How are u refurbing them?

This is the best place to get alloy spray paints on a budget, two sets of this in your chosen colour should be enough to do the wheels.

I would advise sticking with a silver as if u go for another colour, you will need twice as much paint as u have to do the inside of the rim too.

Edited by BEP51

I'm thinking silver, cos it looks the smartest and u need the least paint. If u just pop two on one side of your car as a test I can shop colours for u.

you dont mirror polish paint? u mirror polish bare metal, which would mean stripping off all the existing paint and either sending them to a polisher, or spending hours doing it yourself. Just a bright metallic silver would be perfect i think. The wheels dont need too much attention till the car is lowered.

And anyway, those wheels would take forever to mirror polish due to all the little crevices.

Hope you are ok after op!

Edited by BEP51

i saw this guy mirror polishing his painted wheels with a drill attached polishing cone lol thats a shame :(

im trying to work out how to get the sandpaper into them little crevices :( not so easy lol but one wheel is almost ready for priming just need to find a cheap enough kit when i get paid hoping that the kit u stated dont go up in price haha

if u muy the spray paints i showed u, it comes with a scotchbrite pad which is an abrasive version of a washing up sponge, u use that to get into the crevices. You dont have to sand through the paint, just give it all a good going over then primer it.

probably wont last long, but if u can get it nice and smooth, a few coats of laquer might help preserve it. u would probs ending up spending more this way, the set i posted is probs best, just choose the lightest silver.

I think that "silver dollar silver" would look pretty good, two sets/kits should be enough if you are sparing, "star silver" also sounds good. careful not to run out of primer if u try the other paint first, cos u will have to wait while more is on order. I think it will be very difficult to get a good finish with chrome paint. I dont think the sparkle paint would look so good, i think that sparkle and shine are two completely different things and i think you need shine so as not to overcomplicate all the spokes.

Silver would look better anyway, sparkly wheels and huge tyres and high ride height is full of fail... Silver is subtle and sophisticated! And will tide by nicely till coilovers!