Idle problem

lupo174

hey i have a 1.4 lupo s, when i start the car up its fine for about 5 seconds them the idle speed keeps dropping and the engine sounds like it about to cut out :/ i have heard the idle control valve can get blocked up does anyone know where this is though? also i no the temperture sensor needs changing as the temperture gauge randomly drops now an agen could this cause the idle problem?

thanks.

update iv changed the temp sensor an the air filter also cleaned out the throttle body which was full of crap,

car ran fine for about 30 senconds them started hunting agen :/

there is a little meatal pipe coming out the side of the throttle body an this is connected to anything an someone has put a bolt in to block it,

does anybody know where this pipe is ment to go? can take pictures if needed?

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z435/ben_174/tb.jpg

this isnt my throttle body but the same as mine its on ebay and says its for a skoda 1.4 could i have the wrong one? also the gold pipe at the bottom right of the throttle body it the pipe i was on about which has got a bolt screwed in blocking it does anybody know where its meant to go to?

how do i insert pictures on this :s??? i wont let me copy an paste it, how do u no the pictures url?

Right click on any picture you like, then scroll down to copy image location, then go to where you want the pic to go, right click again and press paste and the picture address should appear, then merely put [img ] at the front of it and at the end of it (no spaces)

Yours seems odd, looks like can be set up for fly by wire and for cable

This is mine

DSC04955.jpg

Edited by Bickerton

• 2 months later...

did you manage to get to the bottem of the problem mate? it was running fine but i did notice the temp gauge falling to sleep now and then.

ive just changed the timing belt and waterpump and its now doin exactly the same as yours, starts and idles fine for about 30 seconds then runs rough like its going to cut out! ive checked the timing 3 times since and all seems fine!this could be rediculous but might it have something to do with the new water pump finishing the temp sender off? excuse me for being green behind the ears. Any help gratefully recieved.

• 3 weeks later...

heyy havent been on for a while, iv still got the problem iv changed the camshaft sensor an the coil pack an the problem is stil there.

i now wanna change the crankshaft sensor as there is also a fault code for this, does anybody kno how to change this? where bouts it is?

iv heard there a right b**** to do as the gearbox an flywheel have to come off but i cant see this being right as every other car i have done its just normally on the engine block near the bell housing an gets the posision on the flywheel?

cheers

not sure if you did this when cleaning the air filter, but I had this problem and all i did was clean and de-clogg the oil breather pipe bit in the top of the air box. This was covered in horrible gunk and caused this problem. Hope this helps