smothing bumpers

LupoBoy321

How competent are you with heating in plastic from another bumper into yours , sanding it back , lightly fillering it , smoothing it back then applying plastic primer and paint to get a good finish.

If you have never done this then i wouldnt be doing it on your own bumper and either buying a spare to have a go or giving it to the pro's to do

piece of piss mate. have a go and show us the results ;) ... only joking. same as everyone else said. you will need to

120 the join area,

plastic weld it,

rub it down,

fill it,

rub down the filler,

probably fill again :),

stopper it,

rub down the stopper....

or there abouts... see how it goes... truth is your not gonna wanna do it if you've never done it before. you will f*ck it up... be more cost effective to send it to a body shop...

how much you pay for the front bumper doing?

and im guessing itll come off as a single piece once its been smoothed together?

Couldn't say as I had the front and rear smoothed, aswell as other bits like the bonnet badge indent etc. Came to £600 which was good for all the bits.

I havent taken the bumper off yet, but I have driven into things and cracked it a few times, had to go back for repairs, but I would assume it does come off as one piece, and no doubt crack, hence why I havent done it. :D

Couldn't say as I had the front and rear smoothed, aswell as other bits like the bonnet badge indent etc. Came to £600 which was good for all the bits.

I havent taken the bumper off yet, but I have driven into things and cracked it a few times, had to go back for repairs, but I would assume it does come off as one piece, and no doubt crack, hence why I havent done it. :D

wow £600 for all that, pretty sweet deal

only plastic welding i want is the reg plate, then im just colour coding both front and back without smoothing the lines between, and then putting standard grille back on (ie. not doing bonnet anymore)

how much would you reckon, about 300-450 for it?

No its just the fact of having to place the license plate somewhere else, just never looks right wherever I put it lol. Only looks good when out of the way in the window, then I got pulled over ha.

It looks good at shows or photoshoots though with it off. :lol:

• 2 months later...

ive got a quote have to roof sprayed, bonnet indent filled over, badgless grill put on and from bumper smoothed and sprayed for £450 but the bloke said that if i get the number plate bit smoothed over it will only last me a week and then the bit that is filled over will shrink and go back to normall, so im debaiting on having it done :/ does that really happen cos its costing me around £100+ just to have it done