simple sub and speakers install for a noob

Dave!

as above, i would like to know a simple install for a noob as i have no idea when it comes to fitting a sub and how much power etc is needed. also if people could tell me whats needed, eg is a capacator needed?

cheers guys and gals ! :D

For a simple setup you won't need a powercap, basically speaking here's what you need to do.

Wiring kit.

You'll need to run your power cable through from the engine bay into the interior down one side of the car to the boot, you may need to drill a hole through to the engine bay under the passengers side of the dash.

At the same time run the blue remote wire along with the power cable, this will need to be connected to the back of your head unit to the remote cable, this turns on the amp when your ignition is on and doesn't keep the amp on when the cars not running.

The earth cable can be connected in the boot by any available earthily point.

The pre-outs should ideally be run down the opposite side of the car to avoid any interference.

With this all installed then you can hook it all up, the pre-outs need to obviously be plugged into the back of your headunit and into the amp.

The positive cable should be connected to the amp first, then the negative, the remote can be connected at any point, these will all be labelled on your amp.

Once these are all hooked up you can connect the sub to amp by the channel ports on your amp.

Which sub and amp combo do you have? Or is that still to be decided?

ive never had to drill holes in any of my cars, theres always a way through, its just a matter of finding it.

you will be seriously underpowering your amp, which could potentionlly cause more harm than good.

i had a freiend who did this years ago, and tbh it sounded rubbish

You don't need to drill a hole, theres a rubber grommet where thick cabling goes through, snip a tiny hole in the rubber and feed power cable through.

• 2 weeks later...