Fiesta Zetec S - only just.......

loopyLea

A young blonde was on vacation in the depths of Louisiana. She wanted a pair of genuine alligator shoes in the worst way, but was very reluctant to pay the high prices the local vendors were asking.

After becoming very frustrated with the "no haggle" attitude of one of the shopkeepers, the blonde shouted, "Maybe I'll just go out and catch my own alligator so I can get a pair of shoes at a reasonable price!" The shopkeeper said, "By all means, be my guest. Maybe you'll luck out and catch yourself a big one!"

Determined, the blonde turned and headed for the swamps, set on catching herself an alligator. Later in the day, the shopkeeper is driving home,when he spots the young woman standing waist deep in the water, shotgun in hand.

Just then, he sees a huge `9-foot` alligator swimming quickly toward her. She takes aim, kills the creature, and with a great deal of effort hauls it on to the swamp bank. Laying nearby were several more of the dead creatures. The shopkeeper watches in amazement. Just then the blonde flips the alligator on it's back, and frustrated, shouts out, "Rats, this one isn't wearing any shoes either!"

It's never the taking part that counts ....only the winning. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Another one to watch in your sport is the MG ZR 105 (1.4i ) ?? - not sure what it's called . Had a blast with one through MK it was like we were attached at the hip, i think both of us were only giving aways a couple of feet everytime each of us changed gear. Went for a good few miles over the roundabouts before i had to turn off, both gave each other a nervous brake fade smile before going our seperate ways. tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />p

One of my mates had a MGZR 105. Its not greatly quick but it handles really well on the twisty stuff. He sold it after it was 6 months old as it started to fall apart the build quality was so bad!

I know some people have had 120 Bhp out of them (normally 103) with a BMC flter and zorst!

`Zetec-s` are easy prey in the Gti. A lad i work with has one. I can pull along side then just floor it and pull away quite easily. What i will say is though is the `Zetec-s` does corner very well, think it would show up a standard Gti actually. Gti with coilovers though, now thats a different story.

MG ZR105 is quick for a 1.4 yes but nothing super. The one to watch is the 160bhp ZR, ive raced one of these and there is not much in it until about 80 when its 4th gear time in the Gti. Then the Gti starts to gain ground but only very slightly.

don't think i have ever seen a `zetec-s` not try and race me - in

my sport they where quite a shock but easy pray in my gti

they must be the new XR2 i guess - has anyone noticed how

every cilo you see the driver drives it like (s)he thinks its a 172 sport (some even have 5 doors now come on…)?

Question if i see a golf GTi with a red 'i' what dose that mean compared to one that's chrome?

I had a funny encounter in the summer. Just dropped the girl friend off in richmond early sunday morning. Im in the s2000 Driving along minding my own when a red fiesta zetec s rags past me. i was just about to wreck him when another followed by another a total of six fiesta zetecs and a white xr2 went past. Then all stopped at the traffic lights. i pull up behind them. they all caned off and over take a bus. it was like a herbie race. All had big zorsts and driven buy young blokes. I wanted to rag past them but they were driving quicker than i would in london. So i resisted the temptation.

I rekon they look really nice. i was considering one before the lupo gti. I pushed the boat out and got a lupo gti instead. fiesta's are crap inside. i also remember racing one in the lupo gti. could have been the same bloke actually as was in the same area. he ran the red light to prove a point.

the few majour 1's i have had was with a MG ZR160 i was behind him all the way it was a steep uphill duel carridgeway and you could hear him hit the limiter in the first 3 gears the advantages of massive torque hills are my friend tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

and a suprising one was twice i have chased 2 mini cooper S's and twice they couldent pull away

the second time the bloke pulled into the left hand lane at some lights while i was turning right and waited to see what had been chasing him for the past few miles waited till i passed then carried on have any GTI's raced cooper S's and how fast are they cos i wasnt impressed at all

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I have and it's bliss LOL ... Cooper S mmm quick but depends on driver i beat 2 racing each other and then got beat by one on its own. Difference was it was a Haartg that beat me ..Doh 200bhp on tap .wonder if oeten thingy does tuning for our loopies? ???

i munched my mates mg 105 easy peasy in my sport, altho cos of his bigger wheels he has the advantage at upper speeds.

this was before my car died lol when my loop was running 117 bhp mmmm

i also had a bash at a gti along the m4, it musta been a 5 speeder cos he couldnt shift me ???

zetec s's are hard work tho