engines

rust monkey

actually they're completely different.

The mounts are different for the gearbox so it won't actually go on.

If you've broke a GTI lupo engine, you need to replace like for like.

I'd go into how you can make the polo GTI lump fit but there's so many things to do it's competely pointless even considering it as it'd cost more to convert than to just buy another loop lump.

The GTI engines go into the non gti's because they're basically the same as a polo 6n2, the loop GTI however is a bit more special.

the golf bottom end is different to a polo gti one so there is a chance, however i'd not buy anything before checking , the differences rich talks about are gearbox to block mounting positions the polo gti block is different to a lupo gti block in this area and therefore will not mate a lupo gti box , golfs do have the starter motor on the lupo gti side but im unsure as i seem to remember the golf 1600 block actually having a hole for the starter unsure if lupo is the same.

as rich said more hassle thatn worth you would need a polo gti box, and with that you would be reverting to cable clutch not hydraulic, too much work.

the golf bottom end is different to a polo gti one so there is a chance, however i'd not buy anything before checking , the differences rich talks about are gearbox to block mounting positions the polo gti block is different to a lupo gti block in this area and therefore will not mate a lupo gti box , golfs do have the starter motor on the lupo gti side but im unsure as i seem to remember the golf 1600 block actually having a hole for the starter unsure if lupo is the same.

I love my alter ego. I know stuff