Grumpy old men thread.

scotty_82

Now that i think i've hit a landmark age where i can embrace my grumpy oldness id like to also offer it out to all the others , so in grumpy old men tyle lets here whats pissing you off at the moment , anyone under the age of 26 should not post as you arent old enough and you need more time to get grumpy.

Im going to start with estate agents and solicitors , they suck and waste time, effort and plans with their competence to do their job. I even had a bloody sofa picked ready.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, it won't be over, although there might be a bit of duplication from threads elsewhere ;)

However, my non-exhaustive list comprises:

A.I.S. or Australian Intonation Syndrome,

"Can I Get...?",

"Train Station",

Totally inaccurate short term weather forecasts eg last night we should have had a dry cold night. 30 minutes later, it was pissing down and continued to do so for hours,

People who ask you a question or express an opinion and punctuate it with "yeah",

X-Factor and other talent shows that rely on viewer revenue to fund what would have ordinarily have been a process held behind closed doors at the expense of a record/management company,

Viewers who buy in to X-Factor and other talent shows and fund what would have ordinarily have been a process held behind closed doors at the expense of a record/management company,

The fact that Tom & Jerry or Bugs Bunny are no longer used to fill a void in scheduling on the TV. Now we have to suffer a 10 minute repeat of Countryfile or Ray Mears,

People who make all kinds of excuses for being fat other than the obvious one; they eat too much and do too little,

The price (and quality for that high price) of fruit and veg in our supermarkets,

Come Dine With Me (and other similar TV shows),

People who have 'complicated lives',

There are no trainers I like in the shops when I want to buy some,

Drivers who stop for no reason other than to give way to a car pulling out of a junction or want to turn right across them,

HGVs that while overtaking make a motorway one lane for the rest of us for what seems like 10 miles,

The price of elecric cars,

The price of diesel (petrol can be £300 a litre for all I care),

and I'm spent.

Edited by IDGM

Im adding to my list, sellers who want full asking price yet want to take with them every fixture fitting and carpet throughout the house just to be vindictive

Thats one major rant, I feel like i've just given you free therapy

Thanks, there's a lot of things that just really really grate and none of them are important.

Im adding to my list, sellers who want full asking price yet want to take with them every fixture fitting and carpet throughout the house just to be vindictive

That's true, or what they leave behind is a load of crap. Literally. I spent two days clearing our garage out of their unwanted stuff. If he'd left his Innocenti Mini Cooper, I wouldn't have minded so much. All I got from that was a load of oil on the floor.

"Can I Get...?",

People who ask you a question or express an opinion and punctuate it with "yeah",

YES!

I was behind a bloke in a sandwich shop a few weeks ago, he must have said "Can I get..." about 20 times! Felt like punching him in the back of the head.

Can I get a sandwich please.

Can I get it on white.

Can I get that with butter.

Can I get that with chicken.

Can I get it with lettuce.

Argh!

What happened to "Please can I have"?

Oh, I'm only 24, so sorry for spoiling your thread. :(

'The fact that Tom & Jerry or Bugs Bunny are no longer used to fill a void in scheduling on the TV. Now we have to suffer a 10 minute repeat of Countryfile or Ray Mears,

People who make all kinds of excuses for being fat other than the obvious one; they eat too much and do too little'

well said!

True, there's a set of wheels on Edition that the seller bought elsewhere for bugger all. Another member has spotted the significant increase, offered nearer the original selling price and the vendor has told him to bugger off!

I've found one , had offers accepted and declined , solicitors sorting it, people wanting to basically strip the house of everything but wont budge on the asking price etc etc etc

i'll sell you my five bed semi det in whickham with all carpets and blinds with fitted kitchen and appliances

I'm not old enough but..

The fact that you cant go on a night out without having loud noises pumped into your ears which means you cant hear anything anyone says or hold a conversation! To me this defeats the whole idea of going out :confused:

I'm not old enough but..

The fact that you cant go on a night out without having loud noises pumped into your ears which means you cant hear anything anyone says or hold a conversation! To me this defeats the whole idea of going out :confused:

You can, just don't go to a nightclub.

Its not just nigthclubs though, every bar around me seems to feel the need to play their music way above the volume of normal speech, meaning you cant hear anything but the ****e 'bleeps and bangs'.