Which side light bulbs match GTI xenons?

R99

Hi guys,

Well one of my sidelight bulbs has blown tonight, theyve been anoying me since I bought the car to be honest, they are just so yellow and look cack against the white beam from the GTI xenons.

So, the question is; which bulbs are the best for the job?

LED's or regular bulbs?

Anybody got any links to bulbs that they have used themselves?

I had a couple of bad sets of the Hong Kong LED bulbs, that were too blue, and burnt out quickly.

Bought some amber ones that worked fine for years, but then failed an MOT.

Now I have Philips Bluevision bulbs, that are supposed to match HID white perfectly, but they're still yellow.

I give up.

Ok, bulbs are here.... But I cannot for the life of me work out how to change the bulbs?!

The manual says to contact VW... But they are unable to quote over the phone for the job which makes me think it must be a pain in the arse kind of job?!

HELP?

its pretty easy just abit fiddly because there isnt much room.

just undo the clips on the back of the headlamps, with the back covers off you need to pull the sidelight bulbs out....i had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to do this cos there tight.

when pulling on the bulbs have a cloth or sumit over your hand other wise you will skin your knuckles lol

Here we go... got halfords to do them for me in the end. Bitch of a job, gave up after my knuckles started to bleed! :(

Side lights only:

th_7926fa85.jpg

Dipped xenon & LED side lights:

th_54ee3864.jpg th_d8cf77a5.jpg

Just a pic to show the light cluster... blue tint to the mirrors is from the 90% brighter main beam bulbs which have to have a blue tip to prevent excessive light leaking out the end of them. I think that might be also making the LED's look more blue too?

th_c7f358ae.jpg