Stock Arosa speakers

1.0S.tuart

Hey just got my first ever car was holding out for a lupo but couldn't get one so settled with an arosa and very happy, Anyway was just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with the stock speakers in the arosa. The speaker on the passenger door buzzes as music is playing or there is talking when the radio is on just wondering if this is an occurring problem of if the previous owner just had the radio up to loud all the time. I'm not to bothered if it is an unfixable problem as planing on changing the speakers anyway does anyone have any ideas as well and what sizes fit the door speakers

Hey just got my first ever car was holding out for a lupo but couldn't get one so settled with an arosa and very happy, Anyway was just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with the stock speakers in the arosa. The speaker on the passenger door buzzes as music is playing or there is talking when the radio is on just wondering if this is an occurring problem of if the previous owner just had the radio up to loud all the time. I'm not to bothered if it is an unfixable problem as planing on changing the speakers anyway does anyone have any ideas as well and what sizes fit the door speakers

HI.I had the same problem as you have with the buzzing .I took the door pannle of and had a look at the speaker to see if i could change it .but the speaker is riveted in and you will probably need a special tool to take them of. but when i put the door pannel back on it had stopped buzzing.so it could be the pannel not the speaker.

i have this same problem with my arosa, tbh i have no time to fix it and really cant be bothered BUT there is a plastic door skin in behind the card this could be rattling as it is on mine. just remove it theres no point in it

I also had this problem when I got my Arosa, thought the last owner had blown the speaker (and failed to mention it when selling). I took the cover off, and like the other poster, noticed that the speaker is riveted in place (making it a pain to change), it also has a special plug for the wiring connection. HOWEVER I also noticed that there was a slight crease in the foam rubber surround to the speaker cone - so I (very gently) worked the crease out, using the tip of my finger, and then (also Very Carefully!) moved the speaker cone itself slightly backward and forward. And after that the speaker was fine again, no buzzing, and sounds excellent, very good tone (I think they must be good speakers?).

I also did this it was really beginning to p**s me off so I too took the door panel of and spent sometime checking out the speaker thinking the previous owner had blown it was fine. Since putting the door panel back on it is sounding fine and the buzzing stopped

Special tool to remove the rivets is called a drill.

If you are fitting after market speakers you will also need mounts.

You can cut off the plugs and crimp on new connectors suitable for the replacement speakers. Halfords

You will also need the little spring plates which slot over the rivet hole in the door to take a self tapping screw. Halfords

If however you are looking at serious ICE, you be better of upgrading the cables et al.

Ask an ICE freak cause so long as I can listen to Radio2 and Radio4 at a level higher than the road noise I am happy.

• 2 weeks later...

them speaker mounts are pretty cool thanks ray i didnt even know they existed

I think if you are into ICE big time, then you may get advised to manufacture mounts from MDF, but hey the news and cricket sounds good enough with these.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

i was checking out car audio direct and found a wiring fitting adapter so that i dont need to re-wire to change the stock speakers on the doors, was just wondering if anyone knows about these and if they are any good not looking for ICE just wishing to get a better sound than the blaupunkts. Also still pretty NooB at this anyone know what size the door speakers are and what sort of depth of speaker i can fit in place of the blaupunkts with minimal kind of effort