need more power AUB sport engine

CopeyCupra

i want more power from my sport, i dont want to charge it or turbo it.

i dont want to rape the interior either, ill remove bits when i need to then put them back, e.g CL rolling Road day at Awesome.

im thinking maybe bigger injectors/higher fuel pressure?

the obvious raceland manifold ( if i can find one) full system and BMC (already fitted)

Remap....

ther than that im stumped. Im not after ridiculous power, just possibly 130bhp maybe.

any help would be greatly appriciated :)

Well theres some decent advice thrown back in your face , go back to working out how stripping a car will improve bhp on the rollers.

Well using your logic, if you want 130bhp then you should have bought a car with 130bhp.

Feel free to go ahead and waste time and money trying to squeeze 130bhp out of the 1.4 16v, when you could have just had 130bhp out of the box, along with a lot more torque too.

You're welcome!

Thanks lal B3N, that's the sort of advice I'm after not "slap a GTi engine in it" or "buy a gti, because I'm only 20 and insurance is dear enough as it is. Anyway, sorry if I've offended anyone that's not my intention. I'm just after more power without big money engine swaps.

The difference being he probably hasn't tuned his GTI engine and you have tuned the sport engine.

You can get considerably more power out of the Polo GTI engine as standard.

As the old saying goes, "There's no replacement for displacement" (even if it is only 200cc!)

Fitting a Polo GTI engine will probably cost you a lot less than tuning your 1.4 engine to be honest.

Exactly what I was thinking. Unless you go to the place Rich got his fitted at.

I wouldn't bother, my sport happily sits with my friends polo gti all day long.

as you know though, power/weight ratio!

So it's going to have cost you well over £1000 for your mods once they are all done, not including labour costs (presuming that you don't do the work yourself)

An engine conversion would cost less than this including parts and labour and you'd be off to a good start straight away and not have an engine which is less reliable due to being tuned/over tuned.

See my point?

The insurance problem depends massively on who your insurance is with.

I know with my insurance I can do any modifications I want to the car, including the engine and as long as I don't exceed a specific BHP it won't cost me any more.

Other insurance companies will charge individually per modification but with a flat fee and some will have specific charges for different modifications.

One thing you must do & that is to sort out the suspension. On my sport I've got schrick cams, lightned flywheel, gas flowed head, Ashley 4-1 manifold, straight through exhaust, BMC, still waiting on a remap. Now with all those mods, it still doesn't get close to the benfitis from the suspension, I've got light weight wheels, PI coilovers & an Awesome Gti Anti-rollbar.

Now the suspension & roll bar make the most different, there a must buy.

As for what you want from a car is up to you, people get carried away with adding huge power, I've also got an Ibiza cupra TDi, now that thing is a torque monster but it's still not as much fun to drive as the little 1.4 sport. Only clowns live in the dream world that big engines & power will make you fast.

I've owned many different motorbikes from 250cc-1000cc superbikes and the most fun I had was on my ZXR400.