New & Itching to mod >.>!

Ben™

Hello everyone,

My name is Ben, currently 16, soon to be 17 in October. As of this Thursday I will be the owner of a shiny red 1.0E Lupo £1650, feel free to take a look:

My baby - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201023360969738/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/lupo/make/volkswagen/page/3/radius/1501/postcode/hp189lr/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

The ideas floating around in my head:

Interior plans:

--- Purchased a Kenwood KDC-W3044A head unit (4x50w) and obviously the aux cable to accompany for a cheeky £65. As for other audio (Speakers, Amp, Sub... I'm not too sure yet, wouldn't mind being introduced to this world if someone had the time!)

--- As for the seats as far as I know they're just pretty bland and boring, I'd really like to keep the colour scheme going so if anyone has any of the cloth BLACK/RED seats kicking around (Like this http://images.clickedit.co.uk/5761/car_id_84_2.jpg) I'd happily have a deal <3.

Exterior plans:

--- Now typically me being an impatient 16 year old I've jumped the gun and brought myself a brand new set of Corrado G60 Steelies, wrapped them in 4 Part worn tyres with 7mm+ tread all round (195/50/r15) and steel centre caps, all in all costing a rather hefty £240. Now I am lucky enough to have a friend with his own spray garage, about two minutes up the road! The plan for the g60's is solid gloss black, maybe with a polished rim later on in life.

--- Obviously one of the first things I'm going to do when I have the little lupo infront of me is debadge it, front and rear, and replace the standard rear badge with a black genuine vee dub one. Badgeless grill I'm going to purchase from eBay which is typically made from ABS plastics and will come with a recess fill (Around £20); I'm pretty sure I'll be okay debadging the back myself, watched a couple of youtube videos and fancy myself abit of a pro ;).

Messy plans:

--- Now this is where I can see something not going right! :@. The bumpers and side trim of the lupo will be fully sprayed red, either flash or dragon (don't actually know which the car is yet so...) Along with the badgeless grill... Maybe the roof trim, although I don't think this will bother me too much!

--- Now when the recess in the bonnet is filled I plan to have it filled and smoothed and carry on to be sprayed gloss black to compliment the G60's :D.

Noisy plans:

--- Yep, I'm doing it *sigh*. Custom made stainless steel powerflow cat-back exhaust system, thinking twins, maybe even quads if I'm feeling greedy £300-400.

--- Cheap but cheerful k57i Induction kit just to make that massive lump sat under the bonnet a tiny bit louder, costing around £65, or maybe it's just to annoy the neighbours in the tiny village I live in!

--- Sssllaamm it :o. Ta Technix coilovers, already contacted Phil on club Lupo about these, £210 delivered to your doorstep, can't complain! Thinking 80mm all round unless the front cries out for the full 100mm once I've fiddled.

So all in all I'm looking at a £2485-2585 PLUS paints, labour, primer, and those little bits that pop up along the way just to F@*# you off :angry:

So I'd really appreciate it for some feedback, feel free to tell me what you think, even if you think what I'm planning on doing to my Lupo is blastphemy, open to constructive criticism and any advice/tips/tricks is always appreciated!

Thanks for taking the time to read my topic and have a nice day! :wub:

W254PKS.jpg

For all the people who think I'm lying about the insurance here's my best quote picture:

fullycomp.jpg

After 10 months of careful driving (fingers crossed), It'll be this:

10months.jpg

And if I'm a good boy and don't ruin my no claims, after 20 months this is my quote for a Gti, if that's still what my heart is set on:

gtiuq.jpg

Also thought It'd be cool to add a picture of my plates :lol:

img0173.jpg

Edited by 1.0E Ben

First of all hello.

Secondly I feel like I've just met up with John Lennon and George Harrison and been in the video for Lucy in the sky with Diamonds (Ask your parents :shades: )

Now on to the car plans...

You won't be able to polish the lip on your G60 Steel wheels they are steel and will rust unless you lacquer the living daylights out of them as soon as you've polished them.

A K&N panel filter and drilled airbox will do near enough as much benefit as a 57i kit and look 100% standard too.

Personally I wouldn't go sticking exhausts out the back, certainly not four exhausts out the back! Powerflow will make you a custom exhaust which will hide nicely like the standard exhaust but sound a bit more sporty.

However these are only my opinions and you can do whatever the hell you want with your own car!!

Thanks for your fast reply!

All taken into consideration (Duh for the G60's on my behalf)

Thanks for the panel & airbox tip! Will defo use this, save a few quid

I'd much prefer to hide the exhausts, and I know I'm not going to get the gruntiest noise out of a 1.0 lupo, but still, I want something a tiny bit impressive (aka as loud as possible in 16 year old terms XD)

Regards, Ben.

Edited by 1.0E Ben

Whoah! Slow down tiger!

Get the wheels on and lower it. Then get to know the car and get it clean. Inside, outside and underneath.

Have a look around the forums for inspiration and make some notes of ideas that inspire you. When you have a solid idea of the look you would like, then away you go.

As already said, I would recommend ditching the "showy exhausts" as that's all they would be, and go for a nice hidden system.

I think you will find you will have problems with the 195\50 tyres fouling. If you haven't already got them, see if they have any 195\45s in stock instead.

Enjoy your Lupo!

Oh and welcome to CL!

Because I already have the 50's fitted :P, should have done my research before hand I know.

Cheers

Edited by 1.0E Ben

Do you actually know what rolled arches are?

The whole idea behind rolling an arch is that it doesn't look any different just allows more clearance. I really can't understand what you're on about!

Edited by treblet

Sorry don't wet yourself, I'm not wanting to argue =/.

I bought them because I was planning on getting a mk3 1.4 golf, until I realised how poor performance/economy was, so it was right at the time :huh:

I think they may, depending on offset, rub on the suspension struts too.

Is it too late to take them and ask for a swap with 195\45s?

May cost you a few extra pounds to get them changed, but it will be better in the long run.

R

£1380 TPFT without mods, £1750 with :angry2:

is that provisional cus if its not thats CAC!! mine when i pass will be £2400 TPFT no mods or £3000 mods stated but got a 1.4 so you will be miles behind ;) aha

It's not provisional.

It's compare the market, 3000miles annually, with my mum and dad named drivers, also live in hp18 which is a A area for insurance, also that's a 10month bonus accel policy with Admiral,

Regards, Ben

I think they may, depending on offset, rub on the suspension struts too.

Is it too late to take them and ask for a swap with 195\45s?

May cost you a few extra pounds to get them changed, but it will be better in the long run.

R

Ahh, will give it a shot, cheers for all the help and welcoming attitude :rolleyes:

is that provisional cus if its not thats CAC!! mine when i pass will be £2400 TPFT no mods or £3000 mods stated but got a 1.4 so you will be miles behind ;) aha

I'm 20, had my license a month and just bought a 60plate fox 1200, confused came up with £1932 tpft, £2400 comp. Aviva on the other hand gave me £1735 comp!