need help today about something

blister

need a straight forward ansewer kind of quickly how hard is it to fit a 1.6 golf engine into my ahw 1.4 lupo and is the loom different and is it as easy to swap as putting another 1.4 engine in, i know it has been asked before really sorry but i need answer within the hour

How do you know that its been asked before , if it has surely you should be able to find it using the search.

well so far i have been reading on this forum and i thought that the engine can be mounted onto my gearbox maing use of the lupos engine mounts but what else needs welding?

my welding is okish

general spannering for example knowing where everything come from and goes i am rather good at that

and wiring is not to bad as long as not much soldering is needed and isnt to complicated

Hows your simultaneous equations?

Lets try

If welding = x

wiring = y

work out

2xy + y =10

x + y = 4

what is x and y equal too.

Have you thought about just selling up and buying a car that works with the correct engine in , seems your doing everything the hard way.

Edited by scotty_82

y = 5

x = -1y

but buying another car isnt an option as my lupo engine has now decided that its had enough and a con rod has decided to seperate from its other half so now my options are fit another 1.4 and just get bored of its power like i already am of my old 1.4 so all i am after knowing is how much needs changing to fit the 1.6 polo engine and i am not after anyone holding my hand or beening "narky" please

Just being narky but you wanted a golf engine in the first post , now its a polo engine.

And no where near on the equation answers x= 1.5 or 2 .

but beyween the golf engine and the polo engine i have learnt some what more about there conversion and i no the golf engine is far more expensive but in the project section i cannot find answers not being rude towards you with the narky comment just i know on most forums that people that are new with noob questions arnt fully treated with full respect

welcome to the world of clublupo! If I were you mate I'd just look out for another sport engine, plenty about and you dont have to faff about with fabrication or any ecu/wiring mods.

^^^^^^^^^^^

He has already been told that , but he said the engines were pants and had problems

well in my opinion they are i have been to my local dealer and he said that they was full of faults, my local scrap yard has lots of 1.4s in and he knows that they are just good for scrap,

Don't see where he's getting his figures as there are loads of 1.4 Lupos on the road with high milage.

And just in case you don't know, the 1.4S is not the same as a Sport.

The 1.8t is full of faults too but they're still a massively popular engine to stick in other bays. Am I missing something as when I posted he didn't mention anything about the engines being rubbish and faulty, just that he was bored of the power. Or has he posted summat similar in another thread? Either way if thats the case why not drop a loop gti in, that should surely be the easiest mod to do power plant wise.

As said in his other post a lupo gti engine is harder to fit than a polo gti engine

well in my opinion they are i have been to my local dealer and he said that they was full of faults, my local scrap yard has lots of 1.4s in and he knows that they are just good for scrap,

Am I missing something as when I posted he didn't mention anything about the engines being rubbish and faulty, just that he was bored of the power.

specsavers_351055.jpg

21 July 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1279749118' post='825787']

welcome to the world of clublupo! If I were you mate I'd just look out for another sport engine, plenty about and you dont have to faff about with fabrication or any ecu/wiring mods.

21 July 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1279749896' post='825788']

^^^^^^^^^^^He has already been told that , but he said the engines were pants and had problems

22 July 2010 - 08:17 AM' timestamp='1279783046' post='825824']

22 July 2010 - 09:06 AM' timestamp='1279785991' post='825832']

The 1.8t is full of faults too but they're still a massively popular engine to stick in other bays. Am I missing something as when I posted he didn't mention anything about the engines being rubbish and faulty, just that he was bored of the power. Or has he posted summat similar in another thread? Either way if thats the case why not drop a loop gti in, that should surely be the easiest mod to do power plant wise.

;) ;) ;)

Looppete try the seized engine thread, and maybe a nice apology and my hoop licked

Well I did ask before if I'd missed summat from another thread and noone said anything so I just assumed you must've been a mind reader!! You've got no chance of me going near that hoop!! Dunno whats been there previously!! Lol

and maybe a nice apology and my hoop licked

You've got no chance of me going near that hoop!! Dunno whats been there previously!! Lol

LOL

I retract my previous statement.........