anyone interested in chipping their lupo please read

RobinA3

alan who is a member of porka.net is selling chips for polos

he is able to do a chip for the 1.4 16v engine which is the same in the polo and lupo 100bhp sport

i am having one fitted on the 2nd of jan which should give a minimum of 6bhp increase

might not sound like much but the price is only £150

for more info please take a look at this thread.

http://www.porka.net/modules.php?name=XFor...hread&tid=20682

also if you want a different chip for a different engine then you can contact alan and see what he can do

mattyb i hope you don't mind me posting this

just want to let ppl know about these chips as i know a few of the ppl on here are interested in chips.

robin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on a petrol car it is very difficult to get power from a chip unlike the diesel cars

superchips etc give about `6-10bhp` extra but they cost around £300

so £150 for a chip which gives a minimum of 6bhp aint too bad

we will see the results when i have mine fitted and then have a bash on the rollers at the porka rolling road day in jan

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />+-->

QUOTE(one litre wonder wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)
WTF ! 150 quid for only 6bhp , whats the point !

Dude.

6bhp increase is huge.

If it is genuine, then that is a massive bargin.

Cams will cost you around £400 and with a head polish, you may only get one or two extra horses.

How can you say your not getting much for your money?

Maybe you should think about what you are saying before posting to raise your post count.

but come on fair enough if its all part of a massive engine rebuild but for anybody who is just after a power gain of 6bhp would it not be easier to do the old induction kit and exhaust method as it would be more friendly on the insurance as quite a few insurers will just tell u to find another insurer if u chip it , as ma uncle is a driving instructor and he chiped his car , mainly for fuel efficentcy and about 4 insurers told him to look else where

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />+-->

QUOTE(one litre wonder wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)
who is just after a power gain of 6bhp would it not be easier to do the old induction kit and exhaust method

Where are you going to get an exhaust and air filter that will give you 6bhp for £150.

A BMC will cost you over £150.

A proppa preformance exhaust may be had for what £500

A maonfold may be another what £300+

And Id say you'd be pushed to get 6bhp for all this lot.

So yes, if the 6bhp is genuine, then it is a very good price.

ok point taken but theres still the insurance side of it , unless its a piggy back type of thing that if u stack it u can just unhook it from the engine bay and they aint any the wiser u could get caught out and they will tell u to ****** off and that ur insurance is invalid

I think that if that 6bhp is genuine then these "chips" are very good value for money.

Air filter and exhaust may also give you `5-10bhp` (or whatever) but the real point of a "chip" is improved driveability.

My car has a BMC intake, fancy exhaust and a polished head and intake. It runs abit lumpy below 2000rpm and misses sometimes at about `1000-2000rpm`. Top end is much better but to improve the low down end of the car without loosing my top end improvement a "chip" would be ideal.

No mention of Gti here though and do we get a rolling road `set-up` after or is it just fit the "chip" and off ya go mate?

tigz you will get much more than one or two horses from cams and head work, more like `10-15bhp` with a high lift cam and some head flowing

i will ask about the GTI chip, alan has only just started doing these chips and mine is going to be the first 1.4 16v engine to have one of his chips so my car is basically the mule

you don't get a rolling road set up, so yeah its just fit and ****** off really

superchips don't give you a rolling road set up either so its not all bad

the only ones which give you a rolling road set up are remaps which are about £`400-500` a go from ppl like revo if i remember correctly

the way the chip is going to be fitted is alan is going to solder a wee bracket onto the ECU so that the standard chip can be put back in if you wanted to sell the car or something

yes the insurance part might be ticky but some insurance companies allow with a wee bit of premium increase.

clubpolo/porka will be having a rolling road day on the 29th of jan at aldon in birmingham at the same place we had last years rolling road day so i will be able to see if this chip has given me some more power.

Chips are the way to go!

Means you can get improvements in grunt & efficiency without bolting on Max Power style bits & being classed in the same bracket as Mr Quad Zorst Saxo by the general public.

And insurers are more likely to be happy with a subtle, hidden mod on a N/A car than a loud `car-dick` exhaust.

QUOTE(robinA8OLO)
on a petrol car it is very difficult to get power from a chip unlike the diesel cars

It doesnt matter what fuel your car uses, it matters whether it has a turbo or not. 1.8T engines can be remapped just as good as my PD130, the beauty of having a turbo is us Fab vRS owners are seeing with a remap 130bhp to 195bhp biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

er walkie deasle dont u get more from with a chip even if not a turbo? and i saw that 1.4 16V MG thingy that was done from 100bhp to 110bhp with the head done!

On a standard engine with no body mods then you wont really get more out of it.

If I remember rightly Zippy got no extra power from a `re-map` but it made his car much more usable throughout the rev range.

you dont need to declear chips everyone says as they invisible, so is anyone gona declear it or does any one? 3 mates have chips and dont declear them!

right update

got the cradle fitted onto the ECU yesterday so that i can change the chips around if i wanted

now alan hasn't coded the upgraded chip for me so i am still running the standard chip

should be a few days before he gets the new chip coded for me so once he does that he will send me it

i will whip it into the ECU's little cradle which alan soldered in and off i go

i will be having the car RR'd on the 29th at the porka/clubpolo rolling road day at aldon in birmingham

i will let you guys know how i get on

heres a RR graph i got from last year at aldon

hopefully the chip might smooth out the dip in the torque curve

not to bothered about getting more power, just a better torque curve will do me

rrgraph.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />