i got me a sub!

well that was easier than planned , went to b&q got the mdf , drew the outline of the carpet , took about a 1/4 of an inch off round the edges ( mainly because of the way the carpet folds to get it in and the wood doesnt ) and job was a good'in only used 12mm mdf but its thick enough and without any weight in the back it didnt rattle so biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what ma full set up that i am running ???

head unit - pioneer `DEH-MP7500`

door speakers - standard with bass blockers ( for now , dontknow what size to buy )

tweeters - standard

sub - vibe `cbr-10` active

using the bass blockers just now untill i get new door speakers that can handle the bass , they just keep on making a weird noise when they cant go to any lower a frequency

did anybody else see that top gear or 5th gear where they crash tested several cars to see what would happen if things were in the boot and u were in a smash , the tool box against the back seats in the boot smashed its way through the back seats and then smashed the windscreen and that was at 30/40mph

dont u just love it , u get a guy to hook ur sub up and run and hide the wires and then , he tells u to be at the garage for 10am ( the day of my exam ) and guess what , i sit there for over an hour and a half and he doesnt turn up WELL PISSED OFF!!

its a good idea NOT to get a mechanic to hook your amp / sub up incase thats what you've aranged.

I've had so many customers come back complaining that their amp doesnt work and that they've had it fitted by a qualified mechanic... then i go look and they've done it almost completely wrong

I had one guy who'se mechanic had wired the Remot wire to earth, the power wire into the earth terminal and the earth cable badly put into the power terminal :|

MECHANICS PLEASE STICK TO ENGINES.

no , this guy is good , he was trained by MF2K in glasgow ( even paddy says there good with ice ) and he is the supervisor for the Ripspeed store at halfords in Braehead

1. power wire (take from battory)

2. Earth wire (take from seatbelt clasp bolt)

3. Remote wire (take from blue headunit wire.

4. RCA connect to headunit.

5. speaker cable from + of channel 2 and - of channel 1

Couldnt be easier.

You dont have to take the carpet out mate.

I'll take some pics today for you to show you the hole.

You can do it yourself mate, trust me, its so easy, you can fit the cables behind the side panels that go over the carpets.

Take you an hour to do the lot.

i had a look under the bonnet and the only thing that i could see on the bulkhead was a massive grommit and it had a crap load of cables already going through it

Thats the one mate.

Just slice a small hole in the grommet and feed the cable through.

It comes out in the passenger footwell.

If you take the foam under dash cover out you'll see where it comes through the sound proofing.

Lucky Gti Owners don't have this trouble. Only thing to run is RCA, Remote and speaker wires. Everything else is in the boot. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />