I now own Sat Nav!!

Mega bump...

FINALLY got this up and running... if anyone ever buys/wants advice on buying VW OEM Sat Nav for their loop and is confused about anything from which CD to get to antenna placement, talk to me, I've been through it all!!

DO NOT buy copied Tele Atlas Nav Discs, they do not work - the copy protection on them is unbelievable.

I'm now directed with arrows and a soft female voice, and the navigation is deadly accurate, I'd say down to a couple of metres.

I placed the antenna in the dash, and it usually pics up 7 sats, which is pretty darn good I think.

Now all of you people who already have/had sat nav can tell me how easily pleased I am. tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Aye Ive seen that one, just wondering if you had a clearer picture yet?

Looks really nice, never seen one of them in a Lupo before.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Andi - I'll try and get a clearer one, see if I can borrow a better camera!

QUOTE(JB)
Is that a CD slot on the top of the unit? And is that the CD player one?

Only reason I ask is that the Skoda one's don't have a CD player on them - You need to buy a changer if you want to use CD's

It is a CD slot, yes - you can either have your nav CD in there (once the route is loaded you can stick an audio CD in there) or just play an audio CD.

I think I may look for a changer and a decent place to place it in the not too distant future.

QUOTE(bossjohnc)
I think I may look for a changer and a decent place to place it in the not too distant future.

The modding bug has caught John :wink:

You'll be buying digital prossesor within no time

hehe

German loops can have the MCD unit as standard!!

Got the Disc from `E-Bay`... I bought 2 discs that were the wrong type to start with (originals, this was after trying copies) and managed to sell them on for a nice profit!!

Disc I bought was new/`shrink-wrapped`/original and I was so releived when I put it in and it worked (been trying all these different discs which didn't work).

Great news to hear you finally got it running, fantastic mod, and I said it before, it looks great all standard how it should be.

As you know I'm keeping my loop forever, if you ever sell up, I'll take it off your hands, the sat nav that is, not the car smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />